E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - SAMPLE Guitar Harmonics

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:19:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  SAMPLE Guitar Harmonics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SAMPLE Guitar Harmonics  (Read 3102 times)
PerformanceJames

« on: January 26, 2012, 01:41:17 AM »

Hi I am an art rock guitarist and I'd like to get your opinion regarding something I'm working on. Anyone familiar with the guitar symphoniesof glenn branca or rhys chatham should have a good idea of what I am trying to do. Basically I am tuning my guitars to a single note and either hitting a harmonic to make a chiming sound or creating a drone. I'll be going to a nice recording studio in a large room and record the respective sounds. basically I'd like to know if the emulator III would be a good way to go.  thanks.
seamonkey
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »

Hi James, welcome.
I would think any one of the E-mu samplers would do the job for you. Of course the EIII with it's delicious CEM analog filters would do the job(although I am unfamiliar with the music you mention). I'm only commenting on the sampling part.
I also love the sound of the Emulator II and the Emax.
The EIII was the top of the line and sampled aat 16bits. If you want something a bit grittier, than the Emax is 12bit and the EII is 8bit(The EII samples at 12-bit resolution, but stores the samples into memory (and disk) as 8-bits)*(from the Emulator Archive)
Hope that helps.

Detailed info can be found here:
http://emulatorarchive.com/Samplers/samplers.html
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »

If you want to make music and concentrate on that, I would't recommend any of the old E-Mu samplers. Because you spend more time on repairing them (or, if they work, still spend more time on hoping they stay intact), than actually making music.
NON73

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:52:48 AM »

If I had been like you, I had cheated on a sampler. Had given the guitar a separate channel and recorded it live instead. All edeting that you can do on the sampler in the studio, you can do on your computer.

Whether you are in any case would like to do it with a sampler I recommend getting any of the E4 Ultra models instead, such as an E5000.
They are cheaper and have more sampling memory than the EIII, up to 128 MB of memory.

Hi I am an art rock guitarist and I'd like to get your opinion regarding something I'm working on. Anyone familiar with the guitar symphoniesof glenn branca or rhys chatham should have a good idea of what I am trying to do. Basically I am tuning my guitars to a single note and either hitting a harmonic to make a chiming sound or creating a drone. I'll be going to a nice recording studio in a large room and record the respective sounds. basically I'd like to know if the emulator III would be a good way to go.  thanks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - SAMPLE Guitar Harmonics

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines