E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tuning/Decay value saved by SP12 ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Tuning/Decay value saved by SP12 ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tuning/Decay value saved by SP12 ?  (Read 3026 times)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« on: February 04, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »

I'm a bit confused.

According to the SP12 Librarian software manual, the SP12 not only sends the raw sound data through MIDI (sample dump), but also some parameters like the amount of tuning/decay of the sound.
However, the only parameter about tuning/decay that I can find in the MIDI data stream, is whether the sound is tuned or decayed, but not the amount of that tuning/decay.

The same thing happens when I save the sounds to a floppy disk on a 1541 commodore drive.
If I save a sound with tuning = lowest value, then increase the tuning to the highest value, and finally load the sound from disk again, the tuning value remains at its maximum. So it seems the original (low) tuning amount was not saved to disk at all.

Is that normal ?
The SP12 manual does not specify what data is being saved/dumped...
If it's normal, I'm wondering why the SP12 Librarian software supports this parameter (even editing it).
Maybe OS version 2.4 and 2.5 did support this feature, and it was abandoned in version 2.6 which is the one installed in my SP12 ?

Perhaps someone running OS 2.4, 2.5 or OS 2.6 in his/her SP12 could check this ?

///E-Synthesist

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »

I think it's normal. (v2.4 here)

Even if my machine is turned off and back on, it discards the settings for tuning amounts.
I really hate it for that!
At least the sequences (internal sequencer) are saved with the tuning settings you used during recording.

Greetz,
Elm.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:57 AM »

aha ...    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy     Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tuning/Decay value saved by SP12 ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines