E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - LCD replacement

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:20:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  LCD replacement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LCD replacement  (Read 2791 times)
moleman

« on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »

Anyone know where I might find an LCD screen. Mine had been slowly fading, getting harder and harder to see, now it is blank. Also I'm sure it has been asked before but does anyone know of someone in California who does service. I can't give up on my EIII.
lubb

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »

I bought a new LCD display here:

http://www.eprelectronics.com/store/cart.html

unfortunately, now it is marked as "out of stock". but still, you can ask them...

but... the dark display is caused by an extinguished EL foil, which you can change easily (no need to change the whole LCD display...)

are you sure the characters on your display are totally unreadable, the display is blank..? even f you lit it with flashlight, for example..? even if you move the contrast knob...?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:53:06 AM by lubb » Logged
moleman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »

Thanks Lubb. I checked the display and it is completely blank! I don't know if any other issue would cause it to not work, but being that the letters became fainter slowly over time I'm assuming it is dead. I checked the link you sent and will contact them to see if is permanently out of stock.
lubb

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:58 AM »

Read please also the topic: EIII keyboard LCD on this section...

You can control your EIII externally with the the EIII Remote Controller & Librarian Software.. Since the screen displays are an exact duplication of the front panel, you actually do not need the front panel display...  Smiley

Maybe it would be some . at least temporary - solution for you... Moreover, to control an EIII with the Remote Controller is much more pleasant than from the front panel and small LCD display...

You can find the software and details here:

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Samplers/E3Overview/E3Software/e3software.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:16:21 AM by lubb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - LCD replacement

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines