E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II Turbo For Sale

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:03:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  Emax II Turbo For Sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax II Turbo For Sale  (Read 3747 times)
ADRunway

« on: March 30, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

You probably know all this - but anyway:

Rare to find in the UK - the Emax II which was released in 1989 brought the Emax series up to modern specs with 16-bit sampling, 16-voice polyphony, 16 MIDI channels, stereo samples, 1MB RAM expandable to 8MB, SCSI, 8 assignable outputs and the SE's synthesis functions. And finally, the Emax II Turbo - Model #2205 Stereo Turbo (i.e. the one I'm selling) has 4MB RAM standard and a 4MB hard disk.

A classic machine still capable of professional quality results when used in making the music of today. It has been used by U2, Orbital, Astral Projection, Skinny Puppy, Meat Beat Manifesto, Nine Inch Nails, Mouse on Mars, Richard Barbieri and Depeche Mode.

This model isn't a standard rack unit - but a 5 octave keyboard version of the Emax II - with inbuilt HD and sequencer.

I haven't used it in a while - but it is in perfect working order. It has 4MB of RAM

There is one key that is damaged - but still works fine. There are some scuffs, but it was never used out of the studio, at gigs etc.

The package includes:

A hard (not flight) case (some of the covering has come a bit unstuck, but can be easily repaired...)

The original owners manual

I also have about 140-150 floppy disks - with some amazing Emu/Emax standard and other sounds - which are being sold separately (or make me a  offer I can't refuse Wink )I also have a 5 CD set of official Emax CD Roms if you're interested.

I have a zip drive too - I am including that in the package.

I am asking £450 for the package - if you want the floppies and CDs - call it a round £500 - or make me an offer!
adrienne@runwaystudios.co.uk

The internal hard drive has banks of sounds loaded into it, and it has a SCSI port - so you can attached any SCSI drive for faster loads and bank storage.

It's not been used for years - but has been stored in the dry, in its case, in my studio.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS - AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER.

Piece of info: Just so you know how valuable these once were.... The original asking price for Emax II Turbo models was £5290 - which is around what I paid 'back in the day'. I don't expect to get anywhere near that - but I wanted you know know the quality level/value of the item, so you know you are getting something very special! (Can you tell I had a lot of love for this baby?!)

This is a heavy item. Buyer will need to collect - though I am willing to meet/deliver within a reasonable distance, (if the sale price is to me, worthwhile!). I am based in Aylesbury, Bucks. That said - if you DO want it posted - I am happy to charge just what it costs (no markup) to send.

Will accept Paypal or cash on collection/delivery.[/b]

More.....?

For those interested in these things, here's some more spec info, taken from the manual (it's a retro piece of kit - so please excuse some old-school references). N.B. The manual that came with the sampler is for an Emax II...  This item is an Emax II Turbo - (ie keyboard version of the Emax II - and more...)

WHAT’S AN EMAX II?
Emax II is a responsive, low cost, surprisingly easy-to-use musical instrument with staggering creative possibilities. It’s also a composer’s personal orchestra, a recording studio’s chance to have hundreds of acoustic and electronic instruments “on call” at any one time, a university’s research tool...but most of all, it provides the means for some truly special musical experiences. To give you a better idea of its capabilities, here are just a few of Emax II’s highlights:

In addition to synthesizing sounds, Emax II digitally records (“samples”) real-world sounds into its memory with 16-bit, CD quality in either mono or stereo (optional). If you want Emax to sound like a piano, sample a piano; if you want it to sound like a barking dog, sample a dog. Pre-sampled sounds can also be loaded into Emax II’s memory from disks. Emax II also contains Spectrum Synthesis, a powerful additive synthesizer. These sounds may then be modified with Emax II’s synthesizer processors and/or state-of- the-art digital processors. The synthesizer-type processors include:

l Dynamic digital lowpass filters (VCF) with AHDSR envelope generators
    l Digital amplifiers (VCA) with AHDSR envelope generators
    l LFOs with adjustable rate, delay, and speed variation
    l Two programmable wheels for real-time control over pitch, filter cutoff, AHDSR attack rate, level, LFO modulation index, etc.
    l Two programmable footswitch ports for real-time control over sustain, release, sustenuto, “patch” change, and sequencer start/stop
    l Velocity sensitive keyboard, where keyboard dynamics can control any or all of the following: VCA level, VCA attack, VCF cutoff, VCF attack, and VCF Q.

There's more info - but no more room...
adrienne@runwaystudios.co.uk

* Emax_Pic1_web.jpg (85.01 KB, 929x622 - viewed 420 times.)

* Emax_case.jpg (46.93 KB, 270x360 - viewed 367 times.)

* Discs.jpg (48.54 KB, 270x360 - viewed 373 times.)

* Manual.jpg (51.86 KB, 270x360 - viewed 371 times.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:51:16 PM by ADRunway » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II Turbo For Sale

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines