E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Crackling on some samples. 256K Memory IC's.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:43:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Crackling on some samples. 256K Memory IC's.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crackling on some samples. 256K Memory IC's.  (Read 2947 times)
Johnny Fiction

« on: April 18, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »

Just got my EII (running OS 2.2) and I'm hearing crackling when playing samples loaded from a floppy disk. The crackle corresponds to what I thought sounded like bad memory but if I record my own sample, using up all 17.6 seconds, it doesn't crackle. Any ideas? Also I popped the hood and found that my EII's Rev 1 digital board is populated with 16 MB81256 RAM IC's instead of 4164 IC's. I found a single post on the EII yahoo group that sugguests that by using 256k IC's you can outfit a REV 1 digital board with 1mb RAM like on an II+. If so, what else would I needs to upgrade to a II+?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:01:45 PM by Johnny Fiction » Logged
DARKSHINE

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »

if one day, could have had more memory, more than 1mb
this would be a true revolution!
lubb

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »

The procedure of memory upgrading to the EII+ status is quite complicated, and is described in the  "EmulatorII1MBMemoryUpgrade".pdf.  You can download it on the Emulator II List Yahoo group (files, technical). As for the crackling in sound, perhaps you could try to run the Emulator II ZM325 Memory Test Disk... The image of the test disk could be downloaded here:

http://www.emxp.net/  (EII additional downloads...)

How to interpret the results of the memory test is described in EII Memory Test.pdf (Emulator II List Yahoo group (files, technical).

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:16:53 AM »

Did you try another floppy ?
Didi you try to make one of your own ?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Crackling on some samples. 256K Memory IC's.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines