E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF Card install woes - Working!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:08:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  CF Card install woes - Working!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CF Card install woes - Working!  (Read 2445 times)
80sboy

« on: April 22, 2012, 11:40:23 PM »

Greetings ~

So, I read through all the posts about installing a scsi to ide bridge and bought what was needed. I have a 7720U bios 3.75, rev 3.0 board. I have termination and power enabled. It powers up,lights up etc. I also picked up 5 of the Kingston whiteflower cards.

So, opened up the EIII, installed it no problem. First time it looked like it was formatting the card. Left to go do something else and came back to a scsi hardware error message. I have tried every card I have laying around the house.

I checked voltages, 5.05v on the nose.

The cards are seen by the EIII, but EVERY time I go to format one I get a scsi hardware error message. I plugged the hard drive back in and it works fine, so cabling is not an issue.

I did pick up the dual CF reader instead of the single, could the be a possible culprit? What about the BIOS of the Acard? How is that changed?

I spent about 3 hours tonight going through every permutation and have pretty much given up for now.

any and all advice greatly appreciated. I may just install it in and external scsi case and see what happens, maybe hook it up to my Studio 440 and see if it plays nice.

80sboy
tom

edit:Installed it into an external scsi case and it works perfect with my Studio 440. Going to try it externally with the EIII now, but at least if it doesn't work I have nice silent storage for the 440.

edit part 2: Argh! "SCSI Hardware Error!" - no matter what I do this Acard 7720U just refuses to work with the EIII. Internal or external, will not let me format it. Has anyone tried any other scsi to ide converter?

UPDATE - Working! Got the dual card adaptor, and once I put both cards in, it worked! I then tried to use the single IDE cf reader and that one didn't work - strange....Works great. Now ready to install a VFD display on monday.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:02:14 AM by 80sboy » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF Card install woes - Working!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines