E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Midi changes??

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:50:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Midi changes??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Midi changes??  (Read 4707 times)
E.Stalks

« on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:45 AM »

Hey Guys...I'm proud to be an Emu II owner since some weeks now...I didn't had the time to study it in and out but that issue causes damn headaches....My Emulator just won´t send controller changes like pitch bend...velocity pressure or modulation...I was messin with the Midi definition...no luck...hope somebody can help me out with that.
Here is the current Setup:I´m trying to slave the EmuII to my Mpc 60´s Sequencer...i wanna use the Emulator strickly as a sound module....the emu midi in is connected to one of my mpc`s outs...and the emu midi out is connected to one of my ins on the mp so i can play notes on the emu keys and record into my mpc...pretty much the standard patching...it's working but not the pitchbend or modulation or whatever just the notes...it`s def a emulator problem cause this method is working with every other synth i own even the emax...i use OS3.1
I think one of you pro´s out there can help me out with my "Midiosyncracies"=))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:10:07 AM by E.Stalks » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »

If you are using multiple midi channels with SUPERMODE, you should be aware of the following:

Notes on EII Supermode

- Realtime controller data is not received over Supermode.
- Sending real-time controller data to the EII while in Supermode will slow the MIDI response by clogging the MIDI input.
- While in Supermode; Sustain information on any MIDI channel will affect the Current Preset.

Further (not Supermode specific):

- The Emulator II does not transmit or receive on MIDI controller channels 32-63

Maybe that helps?
E.Stalks

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

yo elm wattup??
thanks for the tips...thats pretty much how the manual says...the issue is i don`t use supermode for now...all i want to do is play my keys on the e-mu...record notes into my mpc and play it back from the mp sequences over midi out to emulator midi in...this is working but no pitchbending velocity pressure or any kind of modulation....i don´t use the emulators sequencer at any point....I don´t wanna sync the machines...just play the e-mu over midi with controller changes...just real simple but it won`t work...i´m in omni mode...someone out there is laughing his ass off right now reading this...i don´t know maybe i don´t get it so i need help guys=))
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:57:02 AM »

yo elm wattup??
thanks for the tips...thats pretty much how the manual says...the issue is i don`t use supermode for now...all i want to do is play my keys on the e-mu...record notes into my mpc and play it back from the mp sequences over midi out to emulator midi in...this is working but no pitchbending velocity pressure or any kind of modulation....i don´t use the emulators sequencer at any point....I don´t wanna sync the machines...just play the e-mu over midi with controller changes...just real simple but it won`t work...i´m in omni mode...someone out there is laughing his ass off right now reading this...i don´t know maybe i don´t get it so i need help guys=))

why should we laughing, there a lot stuff which works only in omni-mode (Prophet600, Jupi6 whitout Upgrade...), you have 4 MIDI-OUTS at the mpc, that is enough for 4 omni slaves Smiley

btw: i use also a mpc60, still a great machine...
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:42 AM »

Hmmmmm...

I don't know....
But I don't even know if that SHOULD be possible (i guess so, but....  in '84 Midi was pretty new and the EII is known for bad Midi features...)

SOMEBODY, COME ON!
E.Stalks

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »

I meant they´re laughing their ass off because of my overall problem not because of that omni stuff=))...Yeah Elm I was scared of the fact too that midi was in it´s pampers in 1984 and that the Emulator would be a little weak on the midi side...but controller changes are almost fully embedded in the EII so normally it have to work...is there nobody who uses the EII slaved to an external sequencer over midi??
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Midi changes??

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines