E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII BOOT FROM MO-DRIVE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:55:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII BOOT FROM MO-DRIVE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII BOOT FROM MO-DRIVE  (Read 3688 times)
powmax

« on: May 12, 2012, 06:49:56 AM »

Hi All,

why the hack is the EIII not booting from a int. SCSI MO-Drive (MCC3064SS / M2513EL) - like the EIIIx - i tryed everything so far - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhh, - any hints ?

Communication / Transfers between EIII & X -> no problems, besides the f...... boot shit Smiley

Thanks in advance
powmax

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:11:51 AM by powmax » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »

At the time I also tried to get my EIII to play nice with an MO-drive.
Never succeeded.

I tried a 128MB, 230MB and a 640MB drive. All connected via the external SCSI connector. None of them would work. Not for booting and not for saving sound banks.

So, now I'm still using ZIP disks.
powmax

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »

The MO works well on external and internal connection (2nd drive), except the boot factor. Wish someone would rewrite/update the OS Smiley

So i have to go for the CF route...

regards
powmax
powmax

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »

Update: ACARD 7720U/CF IDE Adapter has been installed and running - SILENCE !  Wink
Hint: The CF Card only got formated (No SCSI ERRORs), until i choosed the '9 - E/Optical'' Option from the hidden 'Format Drive Menu'.

regards
marcus

p.s. Also tried an old IBM MicroDrive 340 MB - gets rec. by the EIII but after a few seconds of formating it gave some ERRORs. Maybe the drive is dead or some sectors are bad...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:13:08 AM by powmax » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII BOOT FROM MO-DRIVE

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines