E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - REV.0 upgrade for Sound Designer Compatability Question

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:50:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  REV.0 upgrade for Sound Designer Compatability Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: REV.0 upgrade for Sound Designer Compatability Question  (Read 2498 times)
hendrkf

« on: May 20, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

Hi,
I have a Rev 0, SN#260 Eii that I want to use with Sound Designer.  How do I go about getting it upgraded?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Keith
lubb

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »

Emulator II's with Rev 0 Logic Boards (serial numbers below approximately 990 (dual drive) and 460 (single drive) require an upgrade that converts the serial interface to RS422 to work with Sound Designer. This is a simple replacement of the old RS232 driver chips with new RS422 chips. E-mu Systems produced this on a small daughterboard which is no longer available. You may be able to get a service centre to do this upgrade for you as the changes are small - see the RS422 schematic manual.

Both Emulator II EPROM's must be at Version 2.1 or higher, the OS diskettes must be at OS Version 2.2 or higher. OS 2.3 is HIGHLY recommended.

The RS422 schematic manual you can download on the Emulator II List (Yahoo Groups), but you need approved membership to do so.  (More detailed infos are in the PDF "SoundDesigner Emulator II System Troubleshooting". You can download it from the Yahoo EII user group as well.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:54:57 AM by lubb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - REV.0 upgrade for Sound Designer Compatability Question

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines