E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Buying an EII - What to check?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:34:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Buying an EII - What to check?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Buying an EII - What to check?  (Read 3247 times)
lunatic

« on: June 20, 2012, 04:33:08 AM »

I'll buy an EII this weekend. I already have two SP-12 and am familiar with other E-mu gear as well. The EII I buy is a +HD version and it looks mint. It comes with a huge disk collection as well (some will be gone, i know). Do you have some tips on what to check for sure, that i could forget or is special about the EII??

Thanks a bunch!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »

really difficult, as the probability is quite big that when being moved (transported from one place to another), the machine doesn't quite work as it did before being moved.
No Joke.
The SP's a tank in comparison. EII's are the most fragile things...

But yeah, be sure to check if all voices work without distorsion for a start.
ahaigh01

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 05:32:55 AM »

I was really nervous about the move when I bought my EII+ a few weeks back.  Luckily I bought it from a friend who lives in my city so it didn't have to be shipped.  I put a hard-shell keyboard across the seats of my van and put the EII on top of it so that the body wouldn't flex (a problem).  The EII survived the move and doesn't have any problems, I am glad to say.  

I have heard that EII memory can decay or get "holes" in it.  The samples will still play but have dropouts I guess.

Also concerning bad disks - I found that bad disks sometimes would read after 10-15 tries.  Then I would immediately save the bank to a new disk.  So if you are interested in preserving the disks don't give up and toss them until you are absolutely sure they won't read.  I may have junked a disk or 2 before I found this out. Sad
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:30:08 AM by ahaigh01 » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:50:47 AM »

Thanks for the Tips!

Transport will be 8 hours in a car, damn! I'll get me a plank then to put it on. Maybe it will even fit in the trunk.

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Buying an EII - What to check?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines