E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How to check RAM and where to get Analog inputs option.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:17:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  How to check RAM and where to get Analog inputs option.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to check RAM and where to get Analog inputs option.  (Read 12555 times)
H24

« on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy an EIIIXP. It has the latest OS and firmware, but not the analog inputs option. Is this option available? is it a special board or can it be made from other parts?

Unfortunately, the seller was´nt shure how much RAM it has and he did´nt knew how to find it out. I checked the manual and it refer to a section that tells about how much memory is available. Is that the way to go?

Please reply so that I can forward the answers to him.
Thanks
H
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:16:23 PM by H24 » Logged
lubb

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »

Hi,

I have got both the EIIIXP and EIIIXS machines, here are the differences:

There is only one analog output/input board, but the EIIIXP model has it with three empty chip sockets (positions U27, U28, U29). The same positions are in the EIIIXS model populated with two chips labelled as MP7524JN 9244 (pos. U27 and U28) and one chip labelled as CS5326KP AAA003E9129D (16 & 18-Bit, Stereo A/D Converters for Digital Audio, pos. U29). Of course, there are also two additional jacks for analog sampling inputs.

So, the analog I/O board could be upgraded to EIIIXS status, I suppose, but I have no idea where to find those chips, although I have googled some links...

Yes, you can find out the memory size of the given unit as you said: go to MASTER> submodule 6 Memory available, but check it with empty memory (no samples loaded), for the screen indicates the remaining memory...

Good luck.

H24

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »

Thanks very much for your fast response! well, I´m not shure if the analogs ins would be relevant. The thing with the EIIIX seem to be digital sampling anyway Wink
H24

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »

Ok, I got reply and the memory is 8 Mb. I have searched for those RAM chips but no hit yet. Anyone who have a picture of them? how many pins/legs do they have? are the chips standing och flat mounted? is it likely that it could work with same type of chip from other manufacturers or does it have to be that specific model MP7524JN 9244 that you suggested lubb?

Thanks in advance.
H
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:24:20 PM by H24 » Logged
lubb

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »

Hi,

The EIIIx uses up to 64 DRAM ZIP memory modules (each one is 512k bytes) which are located on the main digital board. Up to 32 MB of sample RAM can be fitted to the EIIIx. The sample memory consists of 64 ZIP sockets which can be filled with up to 64 memory chips.

Unfortunately, ZIP memory modules are somewhat hard to find these days...

Please, do not confuse the MP7524JN 9244 chip with the sample memory chips, the former is related to the analog sampling input upgrade, not to the sample memory...

Tomorrow I will take a picture of the ZIP modules and tell you what is written on them...

H24

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »

Sorry, I was confusing them but I´m fully aware of the differences. I was tired. Thanks.
lubb

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:16 AM »

The ZIP memory modules: KM44C1000ALZ-8 135 KOREA...

http://www.stockingdistributors.com/oemsearch.php?search=KM44C1000ALZ-8

Remember, you need 48 modules to upgrade the sample memory from 8 to max. 32 MB...

... but, I would say that it is simpler a cheaper to find a machine with already upgraded memory than to upgrade it by yourself... EIIIXs are seen on Ebay and elsewhere relatively often..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:51:04 AM by lubb » Logged
janvanvolt

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

I am wondering if you can tell me where the jacks connect to. Those chips you mentioned for the sample upgrade are available on ebay right now, so i'll give it a chance.
edude

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

someone on gearslutz knows about doing this mod. maybe do a search there and read through any eiiix threads and you'll find him
janvanvolt

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »

Actually i found it quite easy. Those are switchcraft jacks. I just upgraded mine with the 3 IC's missing and the jacks and now i got a wonderful digital (and awesome analog) sampling machine.
Really nice sampling with the analog in in the IIIXP - should have been there in the first place.

janvanvolt

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

In addition to my last post, i organized 20 RAM chips and put 16 in, now my machine is a 16MB one :-)
So i could upgrade it to 32MB, however finding other chips seems rather difficult at the moment...

Last work is now the backlight replacement, but that's a different story.
L1200

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »

Actually i found it quite easy. Those are switchcraft jacks. I just upgraded mine with the 3 IC's missing and the jacks and now i got a wonderful digital (and awesome analog) sampling machine.
Really nice sampling with the analog in in the IIIXP - should have been there in the first place.

Hey where did you get those chips for the analog inputs???
L1200

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

So i have tracked down and bought the chips MP7524JN & CS5326-KP next to get the right jacks!
vlazzarini

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 05:32:28 AM »

Hi all,

I got the chips and jacks but I can't see any signal in the meters when I select the analog ins.
The only difference was that I got AD chips instead of MP ones for the 8-bit DACs.

vlazzarini

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »

I have ordered the MP chips, let's see if they get the analogue input working.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How to check RAM and where to get Analog inputs option.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines