E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer where to get it?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:23:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Sound Designer where to get it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer where to get it?  (Read 3836 times)
lunatic

« on: June 28, 2012, 06:34:13 AM »

So, my EII+ now is nearly a week in my possession and i must say i really love it! Everything works fine and i am the second owner. It looks nearly mint Smiley I have an old Mac, that will work, but i don't know where to get Sound Designer, since it is discontinued. Any Ideas?

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
antenne

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:39:04 AM »

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/emulatorII-list/

in the "files" folder

Kim
ahaigh01

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »

I just got SD connected to my EII+ last night.  I'll summarize how everything went in case it helps you avoid any pitfalls.  I am assuming you are using a PC.  If you have a modern Mac as well as a vintage Mac the process would be different for creating the SD disk for the vintage Mac I suppose.

Get the file  Sound Designer E II.bin forn the yahoo group.  This is a Mac disk image. 

Install the Mac Disk Demo program on your PC.  It's a free download and the demo version works fine for this.  The PC needs a floppy drive.

Run the Mac Disk program and put a Mac formatted floppy disk in the PC's drive.  Mac Disk will see the disk and display it in the left pane - select the disk.

Drag the Sound Designer E II.bin file onto the right pane of Mac Disk and it will put the image on the floppy.  Now when you read the floppy disk in the vintage Mac it will have the SD program on it.  You can run it from the floppy drive or copy the program to the Mac's hard disk if you have one.

I just got a Mac Classic that came with MasOS 6.07.  Most people are using OS7, but OS 6 is still much newer than the software itself and seems to work fine.  I decided to leave well enough alone for now.  I did find that the other Mac software available on the Yahoo Group (Alchemy, SD Universal, TurboSynth) needs OS7 to run.

In SD the only config to make is selecting which port your cable is plugged into - modem or printer.

About the cable - I didn't have one with my EII and they are pretty rare.  I found that you can buy NOS cables on Ebay that have 8 pin Mac din on one end and DB25 on the other - It didn't work - there is no shortcut as I found out!  The problem with the pre-made cable was that although the pins were wired mostly correctly,  it only had 6 wires running through the cable and not 8.  So I got another cable off ebay - a 8 din Mac extension cable and cut it near the female side.  This one did have all 8 wires. Then I cut one end off a DB25 cable.  I got a small project box to stuff the messy part into where they are joined and make it look nice.  The instructions for wiring the cable are on the Yahoo group and the Emulator Archive (different versions - both were helpful).  It worked straight away!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer where to get it?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines