E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - new Emu vintage site (emulatorarchive.com remake?)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:14:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  new Emu vintage site (emulatorarchive.com remake?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new Emu vintage site (emulatorarchive.com remake?)  (Read 5570 times)

« on: July 19, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »

I have contacted the original owner/maker of the Emu Archives. I would maybe like to do a re launch but with updated content and new layout. And restore all the broken links that were in the last year/years?. It was really not in very good condition in the end. There would be all the manuals and addendums as I have them. Also possible an section for the EOS samplers (E4 range) as they were the last hardware Emu samplers.  

I know fairly much about vintage Emu's as I did buy just about every single model when they came out. Later bough the models I did not buy new. I only have two Emu samplers as of now for practical reasons. I have  a friend that lives near me that knows even more and have a big collection. But I'm also sure that people would help with adding more information so that it would be even better then what was al ready there.  

I am good at visual styles. And giving it a face lift would be top priority.  

But I don't know if anyone else would do it, or if someone al ready has taken the task.  

I would keep it completely ad free and non-commercial. The only thing is that a '.com' domain do cost money and it does take time to make a site.  

I think that just to re launch it as it was in the last days would be of no good at all. There needs to be links and more than just ultra small thumb images.  

Let me hear what people say. I have mailed him but has no reply as of now.  

It would in extreme case really not be needed to use the old stuff but of course there's a lot of basic information in the old site. Could even make a new domain name if there's problems getting the old one without paying normal rates for it.  

Im just testing peoples reaction with this post. I have not jumped on the emu archive train as of now, and maybe someone else has gotten an arrangement with the previous owner. I mailed him that I would do a new layout. I dont know how he feels about this. But reading his posts it's clear that he has no interest in it any more.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:48:37 AM by 68000 » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:02:51 AM »

i would, as user freddy already suggested, keep the old site at first. restore all the links -> i bet we can get ALL documents together. then whoever wants, can work on a redesign, but with the old page up first. otherwise i have fear of not having anything for a long time.

i would chip in for the domain and hosting cost. maybe just get a paypal account for that and everybody can donate a few €/$ and it should be alright.

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
seamonkey
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »

I think it's a great idea and applaud your efforts 6800.
The E-mu vintage site was my main source of information and was instrumental in my purchasing an E-max SE Plus as well as my E-mu Emulator II HD+.
It's a great source for the general public who are searching for detailed information before making a purchase.

I think it's important to keep the E-mu legacy alive and would be willing to make a small donation via PayPal to help bankroll the startup and maintenance.

Remember there is an in depth database at the E-mu Emulator II Yahoo group, as well as the other E-mu gear Yahoo groups, so much of the vintage material is still available, however one has to be a member.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »

I think it's a great idea and applaud your efforts 6800.
The E-mu vintage site was my main source of information and was instrumental in my purchasing an E-max SE Plus as well as my E-mu Emulator II HD+.
It's a great source for the general public who are searching for detailed information before making a purchase.

I think it's important to keep the E-mu legacy alive and would be willing to make a small donation via PayPal to help bankroll the startup and maintenance.

Remember there is an in depth database at the E-mu Emulator II Yahoo group, as well as the other E-mu gear Yahoo groups, so much of the vintage material is still available, however one has to be a member.

EDIT: Seems I mistaked a few persons. The original creater of  EA  (Rob)  has been in dialog with the new guy  Lubos. Lubos wants help as stated above , and he owns the whole monty of EMU stuff.

Mail him at: lmalinovsky (at) upcmail.cz
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »

hi

i think we´re all fans of EA and would donate to lift it up . I´m not a technician and no programmer, so my help is only donating and serving facts at all.

Greetz

syncla

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
Chevytraveller

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:57:11 AM »

so glad this site hasn't been lost forever, as Syncla said I wish I could do more to help, but I'm quite happy to donate

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
lunatic

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 05:51:47 AM »

I could host this on my webspace!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
12bit

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

I am also working of a new E-mu site dedicated to the old samplers.

I am going to use some of the material from Emulator Archive, but I do not plan to use it all or to use it completely as it was.

It is not done yet, but is an ongoing project.
I don't expect it to be long though before most of the text and a LOT of images is up as I am working hard to get it done.

You can see it here:

http://www.theEMUs.com

Best;

Kenneth
theEMUs.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - new Emu vintage site (emulatorarchive.com remake?)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines