E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - DPX Questions

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:10:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  DPX Questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DPX Questions  (Read 2517 times)
ericb

« on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:36 AM »

Hello,

I obtained a DPX-1 (OS version 2.1) this week.  I didn't have any EII sounds, but was able to load up some floppies from my Mirage. These sound great in the DPX although filter resonance seems to be missing from the patches. Are DPX-1's filters capable of resonance and envelope tracking?

Also I was able to do a sample dump over MIDI from PC to the DPX-1 using SDS. This method took a while, but sounded good, with the choice of 8 or 12 bit. But then I was reminded that the samples are not editable from the panel. Does the DPX have any MIDI spec to alter simple parameters like attack time etc?

As far as EII sounds go, i was able to locate an .EII Sound Designer image of an EII strings disk and use DPXTools to make a working floppy. So some success with that, although the HxC solution seems appealing.

Thanks,
Eric
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:26:09 AM by ericb » Logged
ericb

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »

Beuller?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:33:34 AM »

Are DPX-1's filters capable of resonance and envelope tracking?

AFAIK - yes.

Does the DPX have any MIDI spec to alter simple parameters like attack time etc?

AFAIK - no.

although the HxC solution seems appealing.

I installed the Rev F HxC in my DPX. It's supercool, nothing more to say.
Don't forget to "flip" the floppy cable when installing it.

Greetz,
Elm.
ericb

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »

Hi Elm, Thanks.

Confirmed. DPX-1 can do resonance and filter envelope tracking. It can also track cutoff assigned to mod wheel.

It was able to respond to midi volume CC, uncertain about any others.

EMXP can be used to convert SF2 soundfont files into .EII and then DPXTools for making DPX images/floppies. Success.

Not sure why the Mirage patches weren't tracking the filter properly. Could be an OS/MASOS issue.

Yes HxC!

Thanks,
Eric

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:42:35 AM by ericb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - DPX Questions

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines