E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Big thanks to Esynthesist!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:39:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Big thanks to Esynthesist!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Big thanks to Esynthesist!  (Read 8176 times)
who

« on: July 31, 2012, 01:43:40 AM »

This evening I was doing some SF2 research and read a thread by Esynthesist posted back in 2008.  In it he wrote the following:

"I'm still doubting whether I will add SoundFont2 support to EMXP or not. The idea behind this was that it would "open" the Emu sample banks to any other sampler out there (and vice versa) since SoundFont2 is a widely supported soundformat. But I have a slight feeling that no one is really interested in this feature... SoundFont2 is a very generic dataformat which means it's quite complicated to support. It would take a huge amount of time to extend EMXP with SF2, so I won't do it if it's not useful or not high priority."

I am so glad he didn't listen to his gut and instead decided to continue w/ SF2 support.

Thanks Esynthesist!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:22:28 AM »

He's the greatest anyway.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »

Thanks. It feels really good to read this kind of feedback !

...currently I'm still doubting whether I will add SP12 support to EMXP v3.00  Grin
who

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

I agree, you should do SP1200 support instead! Wink
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:03 AM »

I agree, you should do SP1200 support instead! Wink

no.

Tongue
gertie

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »

Shocked

SP12 would be awesome!
rvankuran

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »

SP-12 support please!  Shocked

I have bought the Watersedge SP-12 Librarian within the last year and it is working great for me have now built a pretty extensive sample library for the SP-12 with it. Thanks to Steve at Watersedge.
It is however missing the cool functions that Blank Software's DrumFile software had like taking a sdii file and converting it into SP-12 sample format to load into the sampler's memory and the reverse as well. Since that software is now impossible to find...
It would be totally cool if the SP-12 implementation into EXMP could also translate the SP-12 librarian sound sample files into sd2 format or other audio formats for those who have made extensive sample libraries using the WatersEdge software. Same with the Sequence files if possible. I know it maybe a long shot but this would totally round out the Emu legacy sampler support.
Since I have both an SP-12 Turbo and an EII this would be so awesome!!
I'm interested to see it work since it is all SysEx info over Midi...handshaking... In short it is always nice to know that you have an option of using a newer more common place computer than the old macs. Although I have a few Macs around specifically for this task you never know when they may one day stop working or be too expensive to repair due to the availability of the old parts.

ESynthesist, if it would be of any help I would gladly send you some sample files from my SP-12 librarian sample and sequence library.

Thanks for all of your hard work Esynthesist! Very inspirational indeed Cheesy
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »

I've been thinking about adding SP12 support to EMXP for quite a while already.
So far the main problem is *lack of time*. In the past I also had the problem that I didn't even have an SP12 in my studio, but that problem has been solved a while ago  Wink
Of course *if* SP12 will (ever) be added to EMXP, there will be sample translation possibilities available to/from all formats already supported by EMXP (except Akai S1000).  Support for sequences would be included (MIDI send/receive), but not the possibility to translate SP12 sequences to/from other sequencer formats. Whether WatersEdge files would also be supported is hard to say.

Anyway, the first next version of EMXP is v2.12, and this one will not have SP12 support yet. v2.12 will be a big "maintenance" release, which means a lot of code will have been optimized and cleaned "in the background", but only a few additional/visible features will be added in that version and definitely not any new sampler format. v2.12 is required in order to have a better baseline to add new features and sampler formats in future EMXP versions (starting with v3.00).

THECRATES

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »

Sp12 would be nice, i bet there are enough people in sp1200 forum which are interessted in!
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:48 AM »

+1 for SP-12 Turbo support!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »

whether the 12 or 1200, from now on I'd like both supported  Wink   Roll Eyes

Come on Kris!  Kiss
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »

Grin  Grin
lunatic

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »

I have got to say thanks as well. Esynthesist is the greatest for making those fantastic machines live on in modern days! Been using the EMuSer & EMXP for some time now and it's totally awesome! Can't wait for the new version though... Wink

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
rvankuran

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »

Thanks again Esynthesist.
Licking our emulation sampling chops for the next release.  Kiss

SP support! Double please!  Cheesy Shocked
clark

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »

Thanks for what you do. 

My vote is for the SP-1200, first. My guess is that it has a larger, more dedicated and more active user-base.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Big thanks to Esynthesist!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines