E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Sampling Noise Problems

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:01:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II Sampling Noise Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II Sampling Noise Problems  (Read 3965 times)
dykesh

« on: August 25, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »

I am trying to sample for the first time with my Emulator II and I have some questions. When sampling with the Gain set to 0, I hear a good bit of background noise at all times. The sample itself is of good quality, volume level is nearly maxed out on the meter but I seem to also hear a bit of a mechanical sound at the end of the samples as they trail off back to zero noise. Attached is what I recorded in my DAW. You will hear .25 seconds of no sound from the DAW, then the background noise, the snare sample with the mechanical noise toward the end and then the background noise again. Is this normal or could anyone give me some help with ths. When I play E-mu disks the background noise is much lower and there are no mechanical noises so it seems to be a problem with sampling only. I also have an MPC 60 and sampling on that is working perfectly so I do think it is a problem with the E-mu and not my overall setup. thanks for any help...

Also, this is the first time sampling after it was shipped to me. Should I reseat any particular chips and is there a specific cleaner or deoxidizer?

* SnareTest.wav (1551.11 KB - downloaded 301 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:31:53 PM by dykesh » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »

Read this carefully : when you swtch to "Sample" module on front panel, and after, the something else (whatever button) , do you hear a "POP ! sound every time you toggle ?
dykesh

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »

Dr. C,
Thanks for the reply. I have checked and there are no pops. I believe that the Emu has not been used in a long time. I cleaned the sample input with denatured alcohol and I have started sampling about 30 minutes every night working all the buttons and knobs. Last night, I recorded a full 17.6 second Sine Wav and it sounded correct with a noise floor down around 80-85 db. It's amazing how much better it sounds compared to the first samples I was taking. Since it's working correctly, I probably won't touch it or do any clean up until something goes wrong. Any other advice everyone has for keeping these things running is greatly appreciated.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT !
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

Cheesy

2 hands with 10 fingers
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

Its what was displayed on a big banner at the labs of E-Mu at santa-Cruz ! Its a pitty I didn't make a picture...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Sampling Noise Problems

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines