E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Stuck notes with multiple midi channels

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:14:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Stuck notes with multiple midi channels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stuck notes with multiple midi channels  (Read 1044 times)
arnoldorodeo

« on: November 29, 2023, 11:48:57 AM »

Hi members ,

Did you have any issue regarding notes that get stucked?
Basically I use a ProTools with MacBook pro , Digi 003 as sound card & the Emu III with just the input midi connected.
My master keyboard is a Roland D20.
As soon as I create several midi channels , say from 1 to 8, I experienced random stuck notes. Sometimes I also have a big note (big long length) at the bottom of the scrolling midi editor , C1 note...
Did you have this problem before ? Divtou have a solution to resolve it please ?
Apart all this I definitely love the sound of it & understand more and more why so many people are fascinated by those old samplers.
Arnold
Deft

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 11:28:52 PM »

Hi,

1 try to connect EIII directly to midi keyb and figure if its EIII problem and not DAW.
2 check the cable and clean the contacts on the cable from CPU board to the output board.
3 the problem with MIDI can be caused by the faulty IC32 on cpu board - but its almost impossible to find replacement, I have a faulty one as well...

Kir
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Stuck notes with multiple midi channels

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines