E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:38:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 192819 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 02:55:12 AM »

Hah!
Me too, but I don't have a keyboard stand...

I do not have the 'interiors' of the EII in the back, I just got the casing (unfortunately). I had the chance to buy it cheap. I was wondering if I put some kind of controller - keyboard in it (USB or something..) But I think that could turn into a tricky affair.. find matching keys, matching wheels 'n stuff. But I'd really try that out.

Greetz,
Elm.
splitpoint

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:37 PM »

Hi, my name is Al and I have a sampler addiction...

It's great to see a forum dedicated to the EIII, they're wonderful machines.  I have owned two of them for about 7 years now, one is functional and the other is a parts machine as the keyboard circuit board is split.  I also have an E5000, E64, Emax SE rack, akai S6000, 2 Yamaha A4000's and a Waveframe 1000.    Of these samplers my favorite is a toss up between the the EIII and the Waveframe. 
I'd like to find a Series III Fairlight some day...

Anyway, it's great to see a community of EIII owners as I plan to keep mine as long as I can keep one of them working.
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »

Hello all I'm Dan from the Bath area of the UK.   I'm a Electronic Design Engineer by profession and have been collecting, repairing restoring and using electronic music gear for nearly 20 years.   I'm lucky enough to own a substantial amount of gear including an EIIIXP, Emax II Turbo KB and EMAX II Rack.   Although I've always wanted an original EIII due it having lovely real analog filters (I will have one one day - even if I have to bring it back from the dead!) I have always been extremely impressed with the smoothness of E-mu's digital resonant filters - the filters on the Emax II and the EIIIXP are just lovely and make them more like synths than samplers.  I used a lot of samplers over the years and I can safely say the the EIIIXP and Emax II are some of the most flattering silky smooth samplers around - I put this down to their superb transposition filters which make my S1000 sound lame in comparison.... don't believe then make a single shot sample of an FM syth preset on an Emax II, loop and filter it, and then play up and down the entire keyboard - then do the same on an S1100!!

I'm a huge fan of older studio gear - I adore the D-50 because it has character - it's aliasing and harmonics make sound much more special than any software emulation could possibly touch.  The weird pitch bent ahh vox lead sound on Jarre's Computer Weekend was D-50.  The same is said for the orginal EII, EIII, Fairlight, EMAX I, Akai S950 and Waldorf Microwave - all of which have a special character.  I have loads of analog gear too - but we all know about that....

Here is piccy of the studio.

Cheers Dan.

* HideawayStudio_1sm_Mar08.jpg (107.64 KB, 1015x598 - viewed 1057 times.)

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »

welcome aboard!

Nice studio! (no EII ?)
roginator

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »

Hi My name is Damir and IM EMU JUNKIE!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
esmilez

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 04:59:58 AM »

hi my name is eric and i just copped the emu eIII keyboard....
i have also a emax and i wanted another emax but than i ve found the EIII keyboard... Grin
micromoog

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 03:58:25 PM »

Full ACK!

Or shoud i say "amen" Cheesy

Welcome here, Peter!
Escobar

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01:02 PM »

Welcome Peter!

//Escobar

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »

Let's be honest,
did we REALLY make more (or better) music when we were restricted to the Roland W30, Korg M1 and a couple of analog monosynthies?

I think I did.

Welcome aboard!
quique
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 02:06:45 AM »

Hi Emulator people,

My name is Quique and have been a long time lurker on this forum and finally aquired an EIII in tip-top shape...glad to finally join you. Hope to learn a lot more about this amazing sonic spaceship.

Best Regards,

Quique
FairlightCMI

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »

Hi Quique,
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Whereabouts are you in SoCal? I'm in San Diego....

George

E-MU Emulator II (x2), Emax II Rack
quique
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »

thanks George Smiley....been moving around and about the last few years..currently residing in LA.

Qq
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »

thanks George Smiley....been moving around and about the last few years..currently residing in LA.

Qq

cool 2nd person in LA that I know of whose into EIII's

i'm in west LA

check out this thread on how to replace the internal HD with a Compact Flash card for the Hard drive.  I have two 1 gb cf cards in one of my EIII's ^_^

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=4.60  on page 5 I wrote a guide

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
quique
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »

Nice! Wink..thanks for the heads up Rokuez...thats the first thing i'll be doing  on my eiii...was reading that thread the other day, but was wondering if i can score the various parts at Fry's or somewhere in LA...and what brands? Noticed most guys on here are in Europe.

Quique

rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »

Nice! Wink..thanks for the heads up Rokuez...thats the first thing i'll be doing  on my eiii...was reading that thread the other day, but was wondering if i can score the various parts at Fry's or somewhere in LA...and what brands? Noticed most guys on here are in Europe.

Quique

I wasn't able to find anything at Fry's except the jumpers (see the thread for a pic of those little things)

I ordered all from the net

as far as brands there is Acard AEC-7720U which is an adapter that goes from the scsi cable to the Compact Flash converter/holder.  

then there is the CF card, and you need to go with Kingston 1gb cf cards (white flower with purple triangle)

then the "Compact Flash Converter/Holder" object which holds the cf card  (the Acard attaches to this from the scsi cable)  

http://yhst-24919672089015.stores.yahoo.net/bootable-dual-ide-to-cf-converter-adapter.html i went with this bad boy.  Notice however that it is a dual cf card holder, BUT only one cf card goes in there.

so if you want to have dual 1 gb CF card Hard drives you need, two acard's, two kingstons, and two dual cf card holders.  So I'm NOT putting two kingston 1 gb cf cards in the dual cf card holder.... even thought it can fit two of them.

Most users I believe just use the single CF card holders, but I accidentally bought the dual one and it has worked for me.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines