E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:01:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 193086 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »

Hi there!
DD1200202

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »

Greetings,

I just got an EMU Emulator III, hoping I can get it working because currently it is not loading the OS (or something). Thanks for any help that I might get on this site.

Dave
potscrubber

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

Hi DD1200202

Congrats on getting your EIII.  Your brief description could be down to a number of causes:

- dead HDD
- dead FDD
- dirty contacts on ribbon cables or scsi chip
- not the full amount of RAM being seen (dirty contacts)
- PSU in need of recalibration

Suggestion: define your symptoms exactly, spend a few hours reading the forum (you will learn a lot), if you don't find a solution describe your symptoms exactly and ask for advice.

salut
pot.
DD1200202

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »

Thanks,

Right now its with the tech people where I bought it, Apparently it booted once. So they are going to try and see whats wrong. I'm hoping that its not going to be a huge ordeal. If I have any questions, I'll definitely post them.

D
dimconcept

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »

Hello... I didn't see much activity on this thread anymore, so I thought I would jump in. I am a long time EMU user and have owned most of the various models over the years. Currently, I have an EIII Rack (along with various EMU modules). We also have an EIII Keyboard laying around (and an eSynth)... Don't use them much anymore, but every now and then, I just need to fire it up and listen to that amazing EMU sound!

I've been kicking the idea around to do a complete EMU track... old school style. Maybe use an MSQ700 to sequence the EIII Keyboard and rack. Record to tape using all external gear. Might be fun!  Cheesy

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »

I've been kicking the idea around to do a complete EMU track... old school style. Maybe use an MSQ700 to sequence the EIII Keyboard and rack. Record to tape using all external gear. Might be fun!  Cheesy

Welcome!

Good idea!
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2010, 05:18:54 AM »

Could've sworn I posted in this thread?

Anyway, hi. I'm Lynette, I'm 29, female, and I've been obsessed with synths since I was about 4. My first was a crappy monophonic Bontempi (yeah!), and since then I've had a few Yamaha's (including a keytar when I was about 9. Now THAT was cool!), a Jx-3p, an Emax and an Emulator II, which has always been my dream machine.

I'm into 80's synthpop, always have been, since I grew up with it. Alan Wilder is my hero- met him this year, and seeing him twice again next year in Manc and the Mute event (£100 a ticket!). His act Recoil is my favourite music, has been for years.

Apart from that, the usual stuff, PSB, Erasure, DM, anything synth really. Currently I'm doing a music production course, and have a fair few tracks floating around. I've always wanted to be an engineer/producer in the same vein as Gareth Jones, but I also want to get into a band again- haven't been in one for years now.

I love ANYTHING tech or synth. Computer programming, graphics, iPhone programming, anything with knobs and sliders and cables. I'll sit there for hours until I figure out how something works.

Tools of the trade- Logic and Reason. Many, many VST's (Korg analog and digital are my faves, but I always prefer hardware to software).

What else? Umm...I can pretty much outfilth any bloke in the humour stakes, AND outdrink them. Real ale lover here. Fancy a challenge?  Roll Eyes
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

Um, following on from the other DM synths/samplers, I just got bought this for xmas. Shame it's only 1 oscillator, but Martin got his use out of it- now all I need is a Moog Source and a JP-8, PPG Wave... *cough*

seamonkey
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »

Hi Lynette, congrats on your Christmas gift..that's the kind of stuff I like finding under my tree. Smiley
Actually a 1 osc synth can still kick out some very nice sounds, sure you can't thicken the sound up a bit by adding another osc, but a very short delay or chorus with effects can help quite a bit.

I have an Alesis Andromeda, and one day I spent trying to get a Tony Banks type lead. I just happen to turn off the 2nd Oscillator and played just one and it was exactly the sound I was looking for.

Btw, how's the Ell doing?
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »

Still buggered. I can't get hold of that bloke to repair it, not sure what my options are to be honest. I'll never sell it though. Hopefully something will turn up in the new year, or it'll just spontaneously work like my Emax did after a month or so...  Roll Eyes
JMP

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »

Been around here a bit but only just seen this....  Roll Eyes

John from the North UK here. About to turn 41 and so an 80's teenager when these vintage instruments were being released and way outside most people's earnings.... Anyway, got hooked on the EII ever since watching DM play a slot on the The Tube around 1986 (playing Black Celebration and Question of Time) and subsequently hearing all of their works with this machine. Also into Yello, New Order, JMJ and others synth-based from that time.

Eventually bought my own EII a few years ago, got it fixed up and loved it ever since, frequently using it before any other gear. Recently got into creating new soundbanks which I've demo'd here and on YT under JMPSynth Channel. Got an expanding collection of EII sounds, my own, library ones and some private collections acquired in trade. Always looking to expand, so get in touch if interested in any trades.  Wink

Had loads of synths, modern and vintage including Jupiter 4, 6 & 8, Junos, OBXa, OSCar etc. but slimmed down in the last year to a moderate setup which suits my space and needs; an Elka Synthex, Prophet 5 Rev 3.3, EII, ESI4000, Roland XP50, Korg X5DR & Roland R8 drums.

Great forum and glad to be part of it.        
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:35:05 PM by JMP » Logged

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:10 AM »

I am still after a male singer if anyone can help? I just need some vocals that I can build a track around (mid 80's, you know the score  Wink).
soundclown

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »

Hi Guys,  Grin
Pat here! just got myself a sick (as in not working) EIII.
browsing the forum for some tips, if I have no luck, I'll post my problem..s
I previously owned an Emax SE many moons ago and an E6400. always been a fan of the Emu sound, also have a SCI Prophet 2002+ and a Korg DSM1 and many other vintage synth goodies.
I'm a live sound engineer by trade,
looking forward to getting my emu working.

Ale challenge! only if there's pickled eggs!

p.
powmax

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

Hi Marcus here,

owned an EIII and X long ago and yet i got this beauty again... Know what - i had all my old MO-Disks (230/640) left in my garage (no heating) since 20 years - and guess wot: the datas are still in shape - incredible !!! Mod it with some new PAPST ducts and MO-Drive - heavenly quiet... At the moment i am trying to get it working with SoundForge and SCSI/SDS Dump. MIDI Dump is a way to slow... Something like 'REMOTE CTRL Plz Wait' shown in the E3 display, keep you updated.

I love the E3 but do not move this baby until you get another one - haha !!!

regatus samplus
marcus
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:40:41 PM by powmax » Logged
Alan EIII

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:43 AM »

Hi,

My name is Alain, I live in the Paris suburbs, France.

It first started whith a jp8000 and an Akai s01(8bit) for me
2 years ago I met someone that was selling a miniMoog.

his studio was big like a montain so I asked him about what was the gear he liked the most: he instantly replyed E-mu!
He played me a full new order song from scratch from his sp and emax in just 10 min!

So I started looking for an emax (so cheap compared to all the moog and other analogs stuff!)

As a DM fan and I naturaly fell in love with all the e-mu gear.
I now own a part of the dream: Emax I/II/EIV xt ultra  all racks (all lovely and worth the price/effort)

I serviced most of my gear without a problem :it was only psu cap job and usual contact cleaning(e-mu design is good and the community helps a lot).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But...... today i'm stuck with a problem on my new favorite : a lovely EIII kb: (I'll post this in the EIII Technical Issues / Tips section)

The E-mu Force be with you!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:48:02 AM by Alan EIII » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines