E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:40:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 191771 times)
tbiggz

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »

hey,

I meant to get around to this earlier.  From Toronto, Canada and I've had my EIII rack for about 4 years I guess.  Got it from a store in Montreal and had it shipped... shows you how little I knew about EIIIs back then.  Would NEVER ship this baby. 

As others have noted, it's a particularly lush sound out of this thing that I appreciate -- warmer than the Akai S1100, or Ensoniqs.  And resonant analog filters are a superb feature on a 16-bitter like this.

I make mostly hip-hop influenced stuff.. I used to produce for some acts around here years ago (before they blew up -- hah..) but now I do it mostly as a hobby with a recurring vivid day dream of launching into music professionally again.   And then the bills roll-in...

Not worried too much about keeping the EIII forum a secret.. it's pretty hard to become a bonified member..  but spam knows no bounds I hear.

Planning to replace the HD and floop eventually on this thing, but you know the saying... if it ain't broke then why should I gotta be?

Hmmm OK I pic of my set-up with the EIII (from the MPC-forums...):

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »

welcum buddy!
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 08:28:26 AM »

Grin

Hallo all together,

I´m Nis from germany, near Hamburg. Still looking for Emu- users in the north of germany.

A few years ago i made a dream come true, i bought an E III keyboard with 8 MB RAM and an 105 MB HD. Last year the second dream come true, an E II got mine. In fact of no experience as a musician, i want to get started in September. I own these incredible machines, the best sounding samplers ever, and had no time to use them.

Good to have this Forum for the questions that will come!!

Best regards

Syncla

* E II + E III k + Mac.JPG (1612.62 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 1482 times.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:52:18 AM by Syncla » Logged

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 10:16:48 AM »

Yo Syncla!

I'm from Bremen!

Greetz, Elm.
chris raw

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 02:21:32 AM »

Switzerland here

Grüezi!  Grin
alfix

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 11:20:01 PM »

Hi, my name is Alfi.
I'm from Argentina but live in the US for the past 20 years.
I bought my EIII in Sam Ash NYC a long time ago.
Paid about 8,000 US$ and check this: US$2,500 for the rack CD rom with a couple of dics.
and those were no bushy dollars. Anyway it was worth every penny every time I pushed the slider up and felt my rib
shaking.
Sold it, payed my lawyer, stayed in NYC, bought an AKAI and discovered how boring programming can be.
I want to thank you all for keeping this alive.
I have a quick question since I 'm shopping for an Emu. Is there any difference in sound between the EIII Keyboard version and the
EIII rack version, or the EIIIxs, or the EIIIxp or even the e64?. I know the keyboard version had the F chip and have seen an EIIIxs that carries  the G chip. I am looking for analog filters.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Good Luck Everybody!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 02:34:21 AM »

The only EIIIs are the EIII Keyboard and the EIII Rack units. Only they do have analog filters I think.
The x and xs (and everything afterwards) are pure digital pieces I think.

Am I right?!
Elm.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 03:19:39 AM »

That's right.

David
alfix

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 08:26:21 AM »

Great! Thanks for the prompt response.
micromoog

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »

Nice to see this forum growing! Smiley

Thx to the founders!
Synthtech

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 04:19:50 PM »

My name is Steve Jones, I am a synth service tech. from Sydney, Australia. I have been servicing synthesizers since around 1982, was a warranty tech here for E-mu, Kurzweil, PPG and others. I have 20 or so vintage synths that I use to record with, and I service all vintage synths. I have an EIII and an EIIIx and an E6400. My EIII's are sitting idle, so they are in the line to get fixed after my CS-80. There are a couple of EII's and an Emulator 1 in storage, don't know when I will ever get to these... Looks like a great forum, when I fix my EIII I will post step by step repair info.
karlscott

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:01 PM »

Nice to have you hear Steve!!!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 02:53:34 AM »

step by step repair info? That would be cool! Don't forget to take photos Smiley
dlmorley

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »

Another EIII user from Belgium!

David Morley here.
Been producing Electronic music professionally for 20 years now.
Used the EIII  in the 90's and just got one to revisit it (from CJ Bolland for those who know him)
It will live amongst many nice analogue and modular synths and I am sure it will  see some heavy use in the coming months
Anyway, good to be here and I must give a big hello to Buchla (Olivier) and David Vandenborn.
David helped me sort a few issues out on my EIII and we both sorted our Fairlights out...  Thx!

You can hear what I do here
http://www.myspace.com/morleysmusic
http://www.davidmorley.com
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:43:35 AM by dlmorley » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »

Hi David

Good to hear that you finally have an EIII again !
And even more good to hear that your Fairlights will be saved from their silent death; it would have been a shame that these machines would not have been played anymore.

And by the way (a little off topic :-) your Wersi S3 is still working fine here... maybe I should create some nice Wersi Mk1 sound banks for the Emulator III, I think (no I'm sure !) no one has ever done that before :-)

///E-Synthesist - Kris

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines