E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:14:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 191772 times)
chris raw

« on: February 20, 2008, 02:48:21 AM »

Hi there

I start the first thread which is here for introducing ourselves and telling where we come from, what we do,  etc..

My real name is Christian Bünzli, I live in Switzerland and I do have an office job for living.. I am building up a new studio for me this summer (leaving home) and I am primalry interested working with nice analog gear.

The EIII is my second hardware sampler besides an E4XT Ultra. However I am still stuggling to get it working but I am on it ..Thanks a lot therefore to rokuez and Morley..

I am really looking forward to use this sampler as my main sampler..

My focuss in musical direction is tech-house, minimal techno, house.. but hell.. I am open for pretty much everything Wink

I am really happy that we have now this dedicated forum to this beautiful sampler  Smiley

Greets

Christian
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 04:22:42 AM »

Hi,

David Vandenborn here from Belgium.

I own an EIII 4MB 8MB that I'm using a my main sampler next to the Akai MPC3000 and NI Kontakt 2.

I've upgraded the internal hard drive with a 700MB drive. I'm also using an external Apple CD-ROM drive and a ZIP drive for storage. Next to that I've got an Apple PPC7100 with a G3 card that's hooked up to the EIII for sample editing using Alchemy 3.

I prefer to create my own samples with the EIII. I do have lots of Sample CD-ROMS but rarely use them.

Since the EIII is a high maintance sampler I've setup a blog with my adventures in keeping the thing working.
My blog can be found at http://dvdborn.blogspot.com
The Emulator III postst can all be accessed through the following link:
http://dvdborn.blogspot.com/search/label/Emulator%20III

Some of my music containing the EIII can be heard at http://www.myspace.com/dvdborn

Cheers,
David
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:37:46 PM by dvdborn » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:45:29 AM »

Hi!

I'm Elm.
Making music since 1990. Back in those days, i started at fifteen with a Korg 707 digital Synthesizer. Pretty soon, I bought a Moog Prodigy (for 400 DM / 200 Euros, ridiculous today Wink.
In 1991, I discovered the E-Mu Emax Sampler, which excited me so much... 
I was deeply into Depeche Mode Sound back then, and as I found an old Emulator I Sampler, I immediately bought it. It even worked for some time..
These things made me E-Mu addicted, and up to today, I collected various vintage E-Mu equipment. That is Emax Keyboard and Rack versions, Emulator I, 2 x Emulator II and the big Emulator III with 8 Megs Ram and 1GB Harddisk.
Today, I mostly make loop related music, hip hop influenced, but more and more fusion styled.

Looking forward to have a good time in this forum!

Greetings,
Elm.

Escobar

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:29:56 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Marko alias Escobar, and I'm from Sweden.
I've been interested in electronic music since the 80's, and my very first syntheseizer was the Yamaha DX27 or was it DX21?
Can't remeber exactly, sold it anyway a short while after and bought an Ensoniq ESQ-1 with fantastic wavetable synthesis.
In the 90's I had to sell the ESQ-1 as a poor student and I never had a synth/sampler until few years ago when I bought a Roland MKS-70 + a Super JX, and I got hooked again. This last year I've managed to get my hands on several e-mu samplers that I've been dreaming to own: Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III rack, and Emax keyboard and rack HD. I love the thick, dirty, and gritty sound of analog that these old beasts make. It's always nice to own a little piece of history  Wink
My Emulator III rack has 8mb of RAM.

It's nice to see a forum for EIII, I think it's needed. I have some problems with mine that I might need help to resolve.

thanks,

Escobar 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:44:45 AM by Escobar » Logged
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 01:01:08 PM »

Hey everyone glad to see so many EIII users, most of u know my personal info, and if u need to know it shoot me a pm.  It looks like a lot of us are using the skype messaging program, but a lot of our convo's where just getting lost/forgotten.

Hopefully some more EIII ppl find their way outta the woodwork and onto this site.

Suprised Rome hasn't posted yet.

I think we will be able to share knowledge and at the end of the day all have fully functional eiii's, which I think is what we all want because it sounds so good.

Right now I'm an out of school student working full time to finish up my studio. 

I'm into producing classical pieces, and 80's pop tunes.

I really love the sound of the EIII, but mine is not 100% stable because some chips pop out of their sockets.  I also really really like the sample sets that e-mu made for the eiii they sound awesome.

My goal is to get my EIII rack to be fully functional, get an old g3 with alchemy, and possibly pick up the northstar eiii samples in a possible group buy.  I want to have my eiii as my main sampler and to play other instruments on it because those patches sound so epic.

it looks like northstar made more sample banks for the eiii then e-mu.  there are a ton of them but the cds are pricey $250 per cd...   http://www.northstarsamples.com/EmuMenu.html

If anyone has ever used the northstar samples start another thread to comment on it to keep things organized please.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
roginator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »

hi

Im eII, EIII, E4xt, SP12 turbo and EMAX owner  Smiley

http://web.vip.hr/roginator.vip/lalalalal.jpg
My EIII worx flowless 8MB, recaped and with 2 HD drives and CD rom

love it  ; )

Damir

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:28:29 PM by rokuez » Logged
buchla

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »

Hello I'm Olivier and live in Belgium.

I've always been fascinated by electronic music. I grew up with the new beat and the technoroots and became a huge fan of the early R&S sound. Most of the early R&S tracks were made with the EII and later on with the EIII.

Last fall, a guy from Holland sold his EIII keyboard and rack and I couldn't resist buying those wonderfull machines. My keyboard version has 8mb, a hard disk from 240mb and a zip-drive. The rack has also 8mb memory but just a 40mb hard disk.

I've tried a lot of things with them but I'm still learning the full working of the system.

I'm glad that someone had the idea to start a forum about the EIII because there isn't much info on the net about it except the great blog from David of course. Wink
Synth Doctor

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »

Hello,

I'm Martijn from Holland and I run my own little company repairing vintage synths, samplers, drum machines, etc. As a matter of fact I have worked on the EIII keys and rack that are now owned by Olivier. The rack was not working at all, but I managed to get it running again. Keyboard had some flaws as well and still has some problems IIRC. I tried out several things with those EIII's, like installing new floppy drive, internal MO drive, internal ZIP drive and cardreader. Working on these beasts, I discovered how wonderful they actually sound! So finally I got myself a slightly broken 8 MB EIII keys from ebay last year which is running like a charm at the moment. I'm planning on installing a CF reader later this year. Oh, I'm also the owner of a SP-12 Turbo.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:55:21 PM by Synth Doctor » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 03:25:54 PM »

Hi there.

I'm Kris, also from Belgium.
..The EIII seems quite popular in this area (Belgium/Netherlands)...

My EIII is a fully expanded one with 8MB RAM, 540 MB internal HD and ZIP-drive + CDROM drive connected to it.
A Mac with Alchemy and SoundDesigner makes the package complete.

The sound of this machine is wonderful, but I've doubts about its reliability.
I'm still having trouble with one distorted voice/channel. It causes terrible sounds so I have to disable its output.
Even Martijn from the Netherlands (other member) was not able to fix this, so this must be a *real* problem :-). Replacing filters, capacitors, ... didn't work.
So now I'm using a 15 voice polyphonic EIII. That's still 7 more than my EII.

I'm not really a musician, but when I do play music, I only play my own compositions (different styles: Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Faithless, G. Numan, ...)
In the first place however I'm "just" very interested in old school Emu stuff. Nostalgia I assume.

I started collecting Emu samplers only about 3-4 years ago after having seen the 101 Depeche Mode road movie.
The Emax demonstrated by Wilder intrigued me.
At this moment I'm the proud owner of Emu Emax SE & Plus, Emu Emax-II, Emu Emulator II+ and Emu Emulator III.

This EIII forum is a good idea, it was the missing link for the EIII community wordlwide until now !
And ... if anyone knows the solution for my distorted voice channel, don't hesitate to contact me !

Kris
rome

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »

YO!!! ROME is in the house. What's up fellow EIII users. It's good to see a site for the best sampler ever made. I hope to see more people join. I own several EIII's. I been a fan of EMU ever since my SP12 Turbo. I used to live down the street from emu. I own every sampler that EMU has made. If you are looking for a EIII or a EMAX I or EMAX II or maybe a E4XT Ultra I have a few extra that I am selling. All my machines are  loaded and in excellent condition. Give me a shout rome@sp12.net
micromoog

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 03:17:20 AM »

Hi,

i'm Rudi from Germany (near Straßbourg-France).

good to have a EIII forum  Smiley

my toys are also Emax(1), EII, 2xEIII and a lot other stuff...

more equipment from me: http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/showroom.php?mode=viewshowroom&u=553

cheers
Rudi
oxtongue

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »

Hi there it's Gian Luca from Italy!

I own a mint emulator III (4 mb keyboard) and I love it for its incredible sound.
I do have everyday problems with my beast, of course, but i understand it's a rock even if it needs baby-cares!!

I'm happy to listen to your problems and great finds about our emulators. I'll try to help you as much as I can but I'm mainly into music production rather than technical issues....

I also use other samplers such as akai s6000 and s2000, e-mu 6400, emax I, ensoniq mirage,
ensoniq asr 10

talk soon!

gian luca
chris raw

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:47 AM »

Hi gian Luca

Nice to have you here. I am still struggling to get my EIII working, I might have to change the SCSI Board if everything fails.  Roll Eyes

Greets
Sleepwalker

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 05:24:35 AM »

Hi Sleepy here

I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland
Been playing music since I was 14, in various bands etc
Currently playing in the 'Official' Ultravox-tribute band
www.ultravoxtribute.co.uk.
Also into Depeche Mode, Numan, NIN etc

My picture here displays my trusty old Emulator ll+HD

Anyway, I'm taking delivery of my Emu Elll in a few weeks time.
I bought it from a friend of mine in N. Ireland a few years back & I never went to collect it!

As far as I'm aware it's the 8mb version & it also has a sycologic external drive & a full flightcase!

My current rig consists of:

Clavia Nord Lead 2
Kurzweil K2600XS
Roland JD-800
Emu Emulator ll+HD (Ex-Simple Minds) Which I'm probably looking to sell at the moment.
Emu E4k (x2)...One which is getting repaired at the moment & may sell on soon.
Yamaha SS30 (x2)

Emu Proteus 2000...looking to sell this module also
Emu Proteus 2500
Emu Vintage Keys Plus
Emu Vintage Pro
Korg Wavetation AD
Novation Supernova ll
Roland JV-2080
Waldorf Pulse
Waldorf Microwave

Looking to add an Access Virus TI later this year...hopefully! Wink
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:53:29 AM by Sleepwalker » Logged
karlscott

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »

Hello Peeps....

My name's Karl and i live in London, been floating around this great forum for a little while now, but didn't want to introduce myself formally as prior to today i was not a owner of an EIII....

Well now i am, and all i can say is WOW!!!! the EIII has to be the biggest secret, been searching for fatness forever & a day, but this thing does it out of the box, no preamps, no nothing, god help them when i run it thru my Great River pre tonight!!!!!..

Been hunting down a mint rack for about year, then got chatting with rokuez and he hooked me up with "Rome", I have to say big  thankyou you guys, just what the doctor ordered, i'm from the old skool and this just feels like having a tape machine, not "STUDER" mind you, but this thing is certainly up there in the quality stakes....

I sampled and sound from my V Synth and the EIII sounded better than the source, what you put into this thing you most certainly do not get out, everything just comes out "ALIVE & CHUNKY"......

I make Deep House music and this thing just slots right in, it's what i've been missing, my EIII is 8mb version with 1gb internal HD & Zip Drive, also got all the emu CDrom soundbanks, and about 50mb of  Rome's high quality personal library, original floppy drive, extra 1gb HD, all thrown in.....

What more could you ask for, she's been running for the past 6 hours without a glitch, (I hope i'm one of the lucky ones), LOL!!!!

Anyway really great idea having this forum, as it was warranted, i hope to be around here for a long time, Stay Cool and thanks for having me, but don't forget this is our secret, SO SHHHHH!!!!!!  Wink
K.....

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:30:17 PM by rokuez » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines