E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 191744 times)
ThaWizzard

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »

Greetings Group!

Call me Cee Tha Wizzard. I am an 8mb EIII owner since 1989 when I purchased a used one from a friend in California ($7500) to produce the "live" show for multi-platinum selling Euro pop-rap duo, Milli Vanilli -  Club MTV Tour which I also engineered FOH.

My permanent base is Chicago, but I have or have had studios near Nashville, Los Angeles, Baltimore, and Detroit.

Here are a few of my vintage collector synths and samplers:

Alesis SR-16
Arp Odyssey
Arp Omni
Arp Solina String Ensemble
Casio CZ-101
E-Mu Emax
E-Mu Emax II
E-Mu Emax II Rack
E-Mu Emulator III
E-Mu Emulator III Rack
E-Mu ESI-32
E-Mu SP-12
E-Mu SP-1200
Ensoniq ASR-10
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Ensoniq Mirage
Hohner Clavinet
Kawai SX-210
Korg DSS-1
Korg M-1
Korg Mono/Poly
Korg MS-20
Korg Poly Six
Korg Poly-61
Moog Memory Moog
Moog Prodigy
Moog Rogue
Moog Source
Oberheim DMX
Oberheim DX
Oberheim Matrix-1000
Oberheim Matrix-6
Oberheim Matrix-12
Oberheim Prommer
PPG Wave 2.2
Roland Juno-60
Roland Juno-106
Roland Jupiter 6
Roland JX-3P
Roland Octapad
Roland SH-101
Roland TB-303
Roland TR-606
Roland TR-707
Roland TR-727
Roland TR-808
Roland TR-909
Sequential Circuits Drumtraks
Sequential Circuits Six-Trak
Sequential Circuits Pro-One
Sequential Circuits Prophet 2000
Sequential Circuits Prophet 2002
Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
Sequential Circuits Prophet 600
Sequential Circuits Prophet T8
Sequential Circuits Prophet VS
Sequential Circuits Prophet VS Rack
Sequential Circuits Studio 440
Simmons SD5
Simmons SDS-1000
Simmons SDX
Simmons TMI
Yamaha DX-7 II FD
Yamaha TX-81Z

Cheers!
CC
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »

That's one hell of a nice collection.
Though no Fairlight or Synclavier?  Smiley
antenne

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »

Hello

I'm Kim from Denmark

gear:

EIII KB 8meg
Elka Synthex
PPG Wave 2
Jupiter 4
Roland Promars
Roland GR-500
Serge modular
Korg SB-100
EDP Wasp

I'm happy to have found this list -

all the best, - Kim
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:36:39 AM by antenne » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55:30 AM »

I have just found this... Why is this thread in the EIII subforum anyways, should be on the front page.

I am André. Have started with an AKAI S01 in 1997 and soon started collecting other samplers. Two years ago I found my way to synthesizers as well and I am currently learning to play the piano. After buying an Emax last year and selling it again because i needed the money, I found an EII+ HD from it's first owner. EII has been my dream for some years and now i finally have it Smiley It came with approx. 300 disks. This week I'll get my Emuser & a Mac with SD II, so I am willing to trade banks in either format!

Listen to some new & old stuff here:

http://soundcloud.com/mr-konfuze-and-lunatic
http://soundcloud.com/lunatic77

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 05:21:28 AM »

hi and welcome!

Good to have some more hiphop here!
gslug

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

Hello everyone!

Like lunatic above, I wondered why this thread was in the EIII subforum, but anyway I'm new here. I have been looking at the forum on and off for a while, but having just acquired an EII with problems, I thought I'd better join. The Emulator will join my small collection of synths which currently comprise:

Roland Jupiter 6
Roland Juno 106
Roland SH 1000
Yamaha DX7
Ensoniq EPS16 Plus

and some DIY bits:
Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1 4 Pole Mission
MIDIbox MB6582
x0xb0x
9090 drum module with MIDIbox sequencer

The Emulator has PSU problems, which I will hope to be able to diagnose and repair without asking too many annoying questions! I have a HxC floppy emulator waiting to go in it. I may not get a chance to do much with it for a few months as I am currently in the middle of a couple of other projects: Building a MIDIbox Seq V4, refurbishing a mixer and giving the Juno's voice chips the acetone bath.

Thanks,
Kevin

midi71

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »

Hi my name is Neil and I am a producer/composer from Guadalajara, México.
http://www.nmmp.mx/?page_id=178

I have an EIII and a SP1200 connected to a Macintosh Color Classic II "Takky" (Performa 5500 motherboard) to my main midi system.  After many years I was able to purchase this dream sampler and setup my own studio..!  Smiley

Best,

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »

Hi guys!

Holy sh*t - that otari is a monster!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »

Neil,

Welcome to the EIII club.

BTW, That's one hell of a dream studio you've got there.

thunder23

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »

Hi my name is Marq Lativ from Hamburg, Germany and I want to thank this forum for its kwowledge base and nice users, i own only 3 emus, (eIII rack, 2 emIIIxp´s) and i ´m not a collector, i use them to make sound, music, compositions, noise, it is funny that so many people in this forum mention DM and Alan Wilder, my real EMU hero is Holger Hiller a german composer, he started in the early days with an EMU II and made nearly all his solo albums with it. And yes i have issues with my eIII rack, one voice distorted, two other voices are only on one side in the panoramafield, but still have voice 11 to 16 in good shape. I don´t want to write, what was written already, we all know that emu is great. But i also use other samplers, they all have their strenghts, the old rolands (770-760) for example are great sounding aswell, very easy to program, via screen, and have some features the emus lack, (scaling is important for my music, 24 notes pitchbend ect.) I hope this forum will stay for a long time, thanks again
JeEA

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »

Hi All

I'm Jens from Denmark.

Purchased a EIIIXP last weekend, and having a hell of a time setting it up. Booting from hd etc. Also I have no sounds for it, so I have not heard it yet.

Also I have Akai S2000, Roland S-330, Yamaha DX7s, Korg N1R, Korg M3r, Korg X5, Use Mac Book for effects and Iphone as a vocoder and DXi (FM synth prog) and verious other Iphone synths. Grin

Just for hobby though.

Br Jens
ddvdave

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »

Hello fellow Emu enthusiasts! Now it's my turn…

My name is Dave, and I live in the San Francisco, USA area. I am a long-time E-Mu user — purchased my first Emax in 1987, purchased the SE Update from my E-Mu dealer in 1988 (?). I later ordered the SCSI Update kit directly from E-Mu (in about 1991?) and updated my Emax SE to an Emax SE HD while working at a Lab at IBM (where I had access to some nice soldering stations!).

Since then I have purchased two more Emax Racks, one of which I fixed up (SCSI Update, install CF, slim floppy, etc.) and sold for a nice profit on Ebay Smiley

About a month ago, I purchased my dream sampler: an EIII 8MB Keyboard. It was in moderate shape: non-functional floppy drive, internal 340MB Quantum drive was throwing errors (some modules wouldn't load from the OS areas of the HD), buttons on the front panel were "bouncy", and the worst: the LCD display was blank (though backlit).

After pulling out all the cards and putting them back in, the LCD started working again. This was on the day I purchased it, so this made me happy. However, this happiness didn't last long as I found the display to be intermittent . I quickly determined the 60-pin IDC connector to be at fault (fortunately at the CPU board side), so I ordered a new IDC connector and cut the old one off. This fixed the LCD and the "noisy" sliders. Then I replaced the internal HD with an AztecMonster SCSI CF reader (re-cal the PSU to 5.05v loaded) and replaced all the buttons on the front panel with new ones. Found a couple of dim LEDs on the panel, so I replaced all of those too! It still has a problem with voices 5 and 15, but I think it's a minor problem.

I absolutely LOVE the EIII. I originally purchased it with the intention of using it for a while then selling it after making it fully operational, but I don't think I will be able to part with this! The amazing warm sound (goes very well with my other CEM-3387-utilizing synth gear) and the great familiar Emax-like interface. It's a dream machine.

As for my studio, well I'm a UNIX/Network Systems Administrator by trade, and most of my time is spent working or working on my house or raising my family, so the music is just a hobby for me. I am also a big fan of Waldorf synthesizers, so I have quite the collection of their instruments (but that's off-topic right?) Smiley

Still have one Emax HD Rack and the EIII as my samplers. Synth-wise, I pretty much have all the Waldorf stuff (yes, even a Wave!).

I am loving this forum! It's a great way to interact with other fans of E-Mu, and a great resource for those of us who have been entrusted with keeping the old E-Mu torch burning!

-Dave
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:34:45 PM by ddvdave » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »

Nice new introductions, folks!

Welcome to the forum!
djscratchd

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »

I'm so happy to have found this forum!!!!

My name is David Noller from the act Dynamix II. Since the day I saw the EIII I fell in love with it. It is built like a Sherman tank

I'm ready to overhaul my ole EIII Keyboard.

I've used it on tour and in the studio for a very long time, sold it and just recently acquired it back into my possession. I feel it is a part of my history and feel it deserves to have some fresh life breathed back into it. Finding this place put a huge smile on my face!!!   Grin

Off hand I am def looking for a button cap and one key that had gotten a burn from a cig while on tour from my band mate who smoked like a chimney   Cry

I'll be posting pictures asap!

Thanks in advance from any help I get from your forum!

Best Wishes,

Scratch-D
Dynamix II

www.dyanmixiii.com
www.facebook.com/dynamixii

The sleeper must awaken......
lunatic

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »

One of my oldschool heroes, welcome!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Introduce Yourself

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines