E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Demo of EII library sounds

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Demo of EII library sounds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Demo of EII library sounds  (Read 26564 times)
buchla

« on: March 10, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »

A demo of EMU and OMI CD library sounds from the Emu Emulator II Sampler (does not include the drums from People are People by Depeche Mode) found on Youtube.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDxOhnL7pjs&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DDxOhnL7pjs&rel=1</a>
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »

yeah, the first sound is one of my favorite sounds "expensive synth..." or also called "Liquid-Stack" in the UOS/Sonic Images-Lib! Great!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

Hi Micromoog

Can this liquid-stack bank be found in the UOS 1/2/3 series for EII ?
I checked the index of these volumes but there's no bank with that name.

I just want to try out that great sound on my EII :-)

///E-Synthesist
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »

in the UOS Series the bank name starts with the word "expensive ..." ("expensive Synth Stack"Huh, i don't now it exactly)

At the Roland Format it is/ it was called "Liquid-Stack".
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »

Found it !
Expensive Synth Stack indeed, on UOS volume 2, Synthesizers section.
And the presets are called LIQ STK.
Yes, this sounds really great !

Thanks

///E-Synthesist
JMP

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

...ah so my demo showed up here.  Smiley Expensive Synth/Liquid Stack is my favourite from the entire library. The part played is from the closing parts of People are People, not exactly the same but quite similar to what DM used. Fantastic sound. 

HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 06:36:30 AM »

...ah so my demo showed up here.  Smiley Expensive Synth/Liquid Stack is my favourite from the entire library. The part played is from the closing parts of People are People, not exactly the same but quite similar to what DM used. Fantastic sound. 

JMP - please please please can you post the list of sample names and their banks for your demo.  I recognise 80% of the samples but have little idea what they are called.  Now I have an EII+ I'd like to get hold of some of these.  Grin

Cheers,

Dan.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
JMP

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 06:49:43 AM »

JMP - please please please can you post the list of sample names and their banks for your demo.

Irk !  Undecided  I selected them whilst browsing through my Mac HD of best sounds... may take a while tracing back to ID them... anyway, will have a go when it's next fired up.

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

Yes, the index of the demo would be great.

Dan, I think if you get hold of the 3 OMI cdroms and the full Emu factory disk set (both in Sound Designer for EII layout), you'll probably have all sounds used in the demo  Smiley and a lot more. So many in fact that you would ask JMP again for the index of sounds used in his demo, because these CDROMs contain +1700 banks and it takes days to browse them on a EII/Mac setup.

I must say that once I had access to the full OMI set, my EII is being booted almost daily (instead of once a month in the past). This is a *superb* soundbank collection, especially in combination with the analog processing of the EII (deep basses, warm sound). The same banks sound less interesting on the EIII. As a sampler freak told me once: only use sample CDs with the sampler for which the sample CDs were originally made. I think he was right...

///E-Synthesist

PX-7
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

yeah but how boring to use other people's tones.    The stuff i'm doing in Kontakt is
amazing, but my intent of the EII purchase is to warm up my creations.   
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »

yeah but how boring to use other people's tones.    The stuff i'm doing in Kontakt is

if you are using the exact same arrangement then maybe you have a point

but I don't see anything wrong with using the same sample bank / patch as someone else.  it is basically like playing the same instrument

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 03:38:49 AM »

No way.. with a sound palette as huge as this you will get lost in it for months.  The Emulators also cry out for the user to tweak the sound eg. filter envelopes so I doubt it's going to feel like you're simply using other people's samples - besides they can always be layered with your Kontakt and resampled into something new.

......that's what sampling is all about  Smiley

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 03:20:55 AM »

I see the library as a warehouse full of instruments all ready to be played.
Jim Stout

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »

Where can I get these libraries?

I WANT THEM!!!!  Grin Shocked
sneakyalien

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »

Wow!!what is the sound that comes in at 208-230 its like a haunting pad type sound its beautiful.I would love that sound.
I did have sound designer but could never get the mac  to communicate with the emu :-(
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Demo of EII library sounds

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines