E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - NooBee Needs Help! Blank Slate.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:21:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  NooBee Needs Help! Blank Slate.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NooBee Needs Help! Blank Slate.  (Read 2251 times)
dlortsher

« on: September 03, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »

Greetings and Bless you all for being here! I impulsively bought a EIIIXP, sight unseen..... I previously owned both an Emax and Emax II way back when they were first released, but international relocation forced some major liquidation of my precious babies......
The EIIIXP was a fair deal, it fires up and scans SCSI but there is nothing attached. An internal floppy drive, but no OS disc, no HD. I have placed an order for an OS disc with 'route66' and an LCD backlight with 'Midi-Rakete' in Deutschland. I actually don't know if it works, however. It appears to be fully loaded with RAM.

I have been reading about CF options for storage and that sounds much preferable to a whirring HD. I have let technology pass me by a bit, so I would love a little mentoring if anyone is willing. I assume I also require an external CD drive to ingest sample libraries. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on compatible units and likely sources for them.

I'm really excited(nervous) about this step forward into the past and I hope I can make it work. If I can't, I guess I'll be looking for a new home for an old box.
Thanks so much and Happy Labor Day!
David
dlortsher

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »

I see some folks are looking, but no volunteers yet!
I went ahead and purchased this CF/SCSI unit;
http://a4000t.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=195
That is MechWarez. The order came super fast!
I found a helpful Dane named Henrik who is sending me a OS disc:)
I have also ordered a External CDROM drive and Sample Library discs.
I'll try to put them all together when they arrive.

David
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - NooBee Needs Help! Blank Slate.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines