E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - It's Alive!/It's Dead.......

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:27:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  It's Alive!/It's Dead.......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's Alive!/It's Dead.......  (Read 2987 times)
dlortsher

« on: September 22, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »

Well...
Big day today. Received a floppy copy of the OS. Successfully installed the new LCD backlight. Installed the CF card drive. Copied the OS to the CF card. Put it all back together and it didn't launch.. LED's flashed dimly and a little clicking sound came from the power supply. I don't see any obvious PSU component failure so I am now searching for information on the EIIIXP specs to poke around and see if I can track down what died. I don't suppose anyone knows of a tech in the San Francisco bay area who could handle this if it's not a dead simple fix for me?
Thanks!

David
dlortsher

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:48 AM »

Failing eyesight.... missed the floppy connector by one pin. All good now.
On to the SCSI/CF unit/CD-ROM/Terminator puzzle madness.
More fun!

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:28 AM »

For all : little clicks on the power supply denotes a SHORT CIRCUIT somewhere !
dlortsher

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:47:21 PM »

Thanks Much!!!
I will add that wisdom to my new "Always work with the magnifiers on" rule. That one just helped me see that a new floppy drive I was testing, worked and then stopped, because one of the connector pins just fell out somewhere..... It's not in the cable connector. I don't see it in the chassis. Lucky I have another drive. I guess I'll have to experiment with pulling a pin out of an unneeded plug  and pushing it in the empty spot unless someone has experience with this failure.
Change of plans.
Looked inside. Never was anything soldered there........ Need a new theory. Infant mortality?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:36:52 PM by dlortsher » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - It's Alive!/It's Dead.......

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines