E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - A CPU reset botton - possible?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:01:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  A CPU reset botton - possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A CPU reset botton - possible?  (Read 2262 times)
potscrubber

« on: October 04, 2012, 03:35:46 AM »

Hi da Folk

Many times, when one is patiently troubleshooting the occasional SCSI or boot problems, you have to reboot the machine many many times.  With all the rackety clack and power pull ups and downs, it feels like an insult to the poor old PSU.

I am thinking, somewhere there is single line that if cut or pulled to ground (by a custom button) momentarily would reboot the CPU, and save doing a power cycle.

What do we think??

pot.
ddvdave

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:05 PM »

The signal RST.D will accomplish this.

On the schematic diagram for the diagnostic extender board, it includes a reset switch which pulls RST.D down to ground.

This signal is on pin 38 on CN1 (card edge connector) of the CPU board. When I considered doing this myself, the easiest place to wire a switch to RST.D is either at D1 or R19 on the CPU board. Check the schematic E3CPU2 page 1 for details. Then wire the other side of the switch to ground.

DISCLAIMER: I would not advise doing this unless you know what you're doing and you really think it's necessary to have a reset switch on your EIII.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - A CPU reset botton - possible?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines