E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer didnot find the E2 Sound on CD....

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:50:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Sound Designer didnot find the E2 Sound on CD....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer didnot find the E2 Sound on CD....  (Read 4143 times)
Fake

« on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:32 AM »

Hello everybody,
i have a E2 + with MAC SE30 and Sound Designer runs fine. I have also a CD with Sounds for Sound Designer.
My question is, how must i convert the sound on CD so SD can read and tranfer to E2 Huh

greetings

Emulator 2+, Emulator 1, Juno 106, SH 101, Microwave 2, Simmons SDS 5,8,9,1 & MTX, Farfisa Soundmaker, Akai S3000 xl, DX 7, Multiman1...
JMP

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39:47 AM »

Are the CD files in SD format? If so, connect a SCSI CD drive to the Mac and transfer straight from CD to the EII or to the HD of the Mac first.

Your SD files may need to have their resource forks corrected using filetyper first.

Fake

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »

That is the problem, on screen i see on the every icon "E II". When i open SD and try to open the file, i cant see it.

Emulator 2+, Emulator 1, Juno 106, SH 101, Microwave 2, Simmons SDS 5,8,9,1 & MTX, Farfisa Soundmaker, Akai S3000 xl, DX 7, Multiman1...
JMP

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:00 AM »

I haven't got the SD interface in front of me but you want to 'load bank' from the top menu in panel mode. Make sure you're not trying to load a library sample from the wave editing page. 

Fake

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:04:33 AM »

Ok, i´ll try it, thanks a lot  Cheesy. And what about the "filetyper" Huh?

JMP

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »

It's available in the files section of the Yahoo EII Users site. It will rename the files to .EII files on the Mac if they aren't already set up that way. There's screen shots on the site to help you make the right correction.

Fake

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »

Ah, Ok, thank you very much   Grin

Alwaysuptil1

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »

I have the same problem.  I'm using SD on a Power Book 170.  It thinks the EII files are PC files. Wont see them from the SD app.
roisto

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 06:17:26 AM »

It's available in the files section of the Yahoo EII Users site. It will rename the files to .EII files on the Mac if they aren't already set up that way. There's screen shots on the site to help you make the right correction.

Yahoo groups is long gone, wonder if this program is still available somewhere. Same problem Sound Designer for EII on Macintosh SE can't see files
roisto

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 06:03:53 AM »

Found it here

https://www.macintoshrepository.org/2050-filetyper

And yahoo groups had instructions, everything works now http://www.swissdoc.de/download/yahoo.groups/emulatorII-list.zip

"1. Put all SD banks with missing resource forks into a new folder.

2. Go into FileTyper's prefs and change folder action to include all contents.

3. Drag and drop your folder from step 1 onto the FileTyper icon.

4. In FileTyper there will be two windows, one for editing the folders properties and another for the individual files within.

5. You will see it say at the top that it is about to edit multiple files.

6. Set the dialog box up the way it is pictured in the screenshot (FileTyperRepair.jpg):

Type = E2BK
Creator= XFER

Make sure it matches the screenshot (I don't know what will happen otherwise)!

7. Click "Change All".

NOTE: The above proceedure is for changing multiple files at once. FileTyper can also be used to change one file at a time."

* 4_FileTyperRepair.jpg (67.27 KB, 640x480 - viewed 6 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:02:04 PM by roisto » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer didnot find the E2 Sound on CD....

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines