E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Storing a synthesizer

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:43:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Storing a synthesizer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Storing a synthesizer  (Read 2941 times)
seamonkey
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »

I've decided to store my Emax SE Plus away for awhile to rotate one of my other synthesizers in my studio.
I only have so much space and have a VFX-SD, D50, and Wavestation EX and Moog Voyager.
Of course my wonderful EII+HD is on the lower tier of my keyboard stand and doesn't get moved..period.

Because of limited space I have to keep the synthesizers in the bedroom annex, covered but I have to stand them on end, flopping drive facing up. is this bad for the keyboards to stand them on end?
I will be packing the Emax into a heavy keyboard bag that has sturdy sides to it.
Because of the sensitivity of the Emax I don't feel comfortable standing it on it's end, even in the bag.
I may store it in the basement where the dehumidifier and heater is.

Just wondered if standing the synths on end is ok to do or not, and any other tips you might have.
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:33:36 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much about the position of it. I have stored them flat, upside down and on end. Never had any issues related to how it was done.
A solid flight case is what I use for my more precious finds. I just found an original Emax rack that has never been used! Can you believe that?
It is in it's original factory box with library and the rack ears are still factory wrapped up in a plastic bag. The guy simply never used it after purchase. I reckon there aren't many of those left around.

Jay

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
seamonkey
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »

Thanks midi for your input.
The digital keys D50,VFX and Wavestation haven't seemed to suffer from standing up for x amount of years, but the Emax is near mint and I don't want to mess with those delicate boards and soldering feeling any pressure on them.

What a great find on the NIB Emax..a rare find.
I had something similar happen with a new EPS a guy had in his closet for 20 years. Worked great for me and then started acting flaky and I sold it.
The buyer got back to me and let me know it was a really simple fix..oh well, it made room for me to get the Emax.

Thanks again, I will worry less about my digitals and storing them properly.
Btw, if you can take some pics and upload them, I'd love to see it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:47:39 AM by seamonkey » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about the position of it. I have stored them flat, upside down and on end. Never had any issues related to how it was done.
A solid flight case is what I use for my more precious finds. I just found an original Emax rack that has never been used! Can you believe that?
It is in it's original factory box with library and the rack ears are still factory wrapped up in a plastic bag. The guy simply never used it after purchase. I reckon there aren't many of those left around.

Jay

sick !  Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Storing a synthesizer

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines