E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII midi timing clarification

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:53:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII midi timing clarification
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII midi timing clarification  (Read 2721 times)
PX-7
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:34:25 AM »

Newb, here...

I can pick up an EII and EIII right now, and i'm wondering how much different the EII
is regarding triggering the EII from a hardware sequencer over midi?  (an Emu PX7 Command Station).
I know how to trigger hardware samplers just fine, that's not my question.  But i've read the
CPU on the EII can be a little slow.  Now how slow is slow?  And can anyone tell me what their
experience has been triggering the unit over midi with a software sequencer or hardware sequencer?

I don't want to use the internal sequencer because I really like the 16 step grid style of sequencing so much more.    Can someone give me some feedback with their experience?   Thanks!

I'm leaning towards the EII over EIII right now.

thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:09:41 PM by PX-7 » Logged
JMP

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »

Hi, I've triggered the EII from Cubase SE on a PC and live using a Virus Ti as controller (via the PC) with no problems. A Mac was also connected at the same time.

Didn't realise there was a possible timing issue with these.

PX-7
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »

That's good news.   Cheesy

Also, does anyone know if the filters can be controlled by midi CC values from a midi fader box?
I'm thinking not, but if anyone knows, please let me know.

thank you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII midi timing clarification

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines