E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Banks Sharing

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII Banks Sharing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: EII Banks Sharing  (Read 26518 times)
proteus1712

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 12:59:35 AM »

Not from me. Which ones do you mean?
JMP

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 01:40:39 AM »

EII - Full Key Banks. Doesn't matter, leave them there.

I'd be willing to put plenty more up if I saw more custom EII banks being created and shared.

lunatic

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »

What link is that?Huh I have moved to box.com Month ago - more space more stuff! Anyone who has not received an invite, send me your email address!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
clark

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »

Hello,

Thanks, everyone, for sharing.

I did receive the Box invite, but  didn't see it in time.

Would you please re-add me?

Thanks much.

brrp [a-t] breakin-records [d-o-t] com
clark

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »

Thanks!
majora

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »

Don't want to disappoint anyone or anything like that, but would it be alright if access to the Depeche zip banks in the EMAX II section was hidden from public view, or at least restricted to invited members only?

Not that having the material open to the public is unappealing or anything; all Depeche Mode material should be readily-available for the sake of industry history preservation and audio production education, if not for personal collection purposes, but you really run that risk of producing potentially God-awful remixes as a result of the material being so public.

Could do with having a few less of these:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3paCIB1SFs&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/X3paCIB1SFs&rel=1</a>
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 06:52:35 AM »

why on earth would YOU be the one to judge about what kind of remixes may be produced and what not?!

The samples were bought at a real life auction from alan wilder not mentioning anything about royalties and such. So...
kdk

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »

But Alan also blocked the resale of copies of the auction disks on eBay, which of course started showing up on eBay shortly after his memoribila auction. The people that bought those 20 zip disks each paid over 500 GBP for them.

And of course, like with any copyrighten material, those samples remain the property of Depeche Mode.
JMP

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »

The people that bought those 20 zip disks each paid over 500 GBP for them.

... and I'm sure they were very disappointed with what they got ! As with everything, including the famous EII libraries, they all get copied and distributed. Such is life....

BTW, Dominatrix does some of the best DM remixes IMO and pretty sure he was churning these out before those samples were made available.      
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:02:03 AM by JMP » Logged

majora

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »

why on earth would YOU be the one to judge about what kind of remixes may be produced and what not?!

The samples were bought at a real life auction from alan wilder not mentioning anything about royalties and such. So...

Not trying to be rude or judgmental, no need for hostility.  Only a suggestion

The people that bought those 20 zip disks each paid over 500 GBP for them.

... and I'm sure they were very disappointed with what they got ! As with everything, including the famous EII libraries, they all get copied and distributed. Such is life....     

Don't know about that - having any number of source Depeche Mode samples is better than having none, I think.  Would happily pay another few checks' worth for more Depeche and Recoil samples, regardless of their eventual publication. 
Would give the man a limb and a half (and purchase his used car) for access to multitrack and post-production audio, in all honesty.

BTW, Dominatrix does some of the best DM remixes IMO and pretty sure he was churning these out before those samples were made available. 

Yeah, may have been a poorly-chosen example, timeframe-wise. 
Personally can't stand any of the guy's work though; every single piece of his I ever hear sounds primitive, off-the-cuff, and amateurish, to my ears, at least.  Has Dave's center channel solo male choir vocal sample from the 5.1 mix of Clean going in almost every single remix, dull and lifeless DAW preset reverb thrown in every which way with few particularly pleasing results, unreasonably wide bowl-of-pudding mixes, improper general mixing by default on every last remotely-audible sound.  Can instantly recognize the classic FL Studio vibes from the get-go.
Even in terms of basic structure, arrangement, and build, there is just so little real value. 
Have no idea where the disconnect is.  My decades of arrangement and audio production experience must be dulling my senses or something.

So far as publicizing the Depeche Mode soundbanks and all that, was only making a suggestion, don't mean to put anyone down with my overt judgmentalism or anything.  Was hinting at something like making them available by request-only. 

Don't have to change a thing on my account, of course, the lot of them (along with the other soundbanks not mentioned with the rest of the Music For The Masses and Devotional banks) will become public over time, as you said
JMP

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 04:06:22 AM »

Even in terms of basic structure, arrangement, and build, there is just so little real value. 
Have no idea where the disconnect is.  My decades of arrangement and audio production experience must be dulling my senses or something.

Oooh so much hate. C'mon then, give us an example of your work.

lunatic

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »

I don't see the point of discussing this here. There is a discussion in the box interface & that shared folder has nothing to do with this forum... Happy new year!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
reiva

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 02:13:30 AM »

this is a great gift!

my question is :"the alan wilder library is the original and complete from auction HD on sale?"

best regards Wink
logiclust

i like toast

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 08:48:38 PM »

sent a PM for access. I'm so excited to be dusting off my olde emu stuff. darwin is working, e2 pretty much working, e4k still dead but there's an e4xt on it's way as a replacement. YIY. I've spent way too long sitting in front of LCDs, time to touch hardware again.

EII, E4k, E4XT, Darwin
logiclust

i like toast

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 07:04:59 AM »

I've uploaded some software to the box:
EOS Browser
EMu file assistant
SoundDiver

Use at your own risk. I am unable to test as i no longer have an olde mac but these are the installers that I once used. no kracks were included so you're on your own for authorizing sound diver. Man, i really need to find a g4 and get this stuff running again.

I didn't see any dM eii files. are they hiding?

EII, E4k, E4XT, Darwin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Banks Sharing

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines