E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII new OLED display

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII new OLED display
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EIII new OLED display  (Read 25192 times)
xuulan
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:43 PM »

Update: it looks like Newhaven now have a blue version of the display available, part number NHD-0420DZW-AB5.
ddvdave

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »

Update: it looks like Newhaven now have a blue version of the display available, part number NHD-0420DZW-AB5.

Ooooh, that looks pretty. I kinda like the yellow (which I have both in my Emax Rack and my EIII KB), but the blue would be more authentic.

-Dave
potscrubber

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 02:23:26 AM »

OK I am guilty of necro-ing this thread

I've recently found time to put a yellow OLED in my EIII after buying it a couple of years ago.  Damn, I should have done that sooner!  Don't delay, do this mod now.  It somehow makes the EIII more immediate, you can see the cursor, the display paints faster.  Just do it, you won't regret it.  If you are not experienced with soldering and solder removal, get someone to do it for you.  Be careful with the screw lugs on the back of the top panel, the plastic (?) surrounds get brittle, and things break off.  These can be repaired with a good epoxy glue and patience.  Still, all well worth doing.  I wish I had the skill to fix my 3 bung voices, but 13 voices ain't too bad. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII new OLED display

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines