E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's Transposition Feature

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:26:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII's Transposition Feature
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII's Transposition Feature  (Read 2166 times)
bigsneakysnake

Sampler Extraordinaire

« on: December 02, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »

Hello everyone. I just have a quick question about the EII's transportation feature.

Whenever I transpose down all the way down to the bottom C, all of the pitches of the samples across the keyboard become incorrect and inconsistent. Some will be tuned down properly while some will be pitched way higher than they ever were.

Is this a glitch that's common with all EII's, does it have to do with a limitation of the EII's pitching and allocation, or is it something that's wrong with mine?
Thanks in advance  Wink
bigsneakysnake

Sampler Extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »

Oh I figured it out... A quick peek inside the owners manual reveals this information:

"Note: When transposing, remember that a Voice cannot be transposed more than
±1 octave. Therefore, if you transpose the keyboard in such a way that the highest note of
the highest Voice is lower than the highest note of the keyboard (or the lowest note of the
lowest Voice is higher than the lowest note of the keyboard), transposition will not occur
beyond this limit. Under these conditions, rather than leaving blank keys the Emulator II fills
the beyond-transposition-limit keys with notes from the closest available octave."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's Transposition Feature

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines