E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Drumulator stopped making sound. Any suggestions?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:45:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Drumulator stopped making sound. Any suggestions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drumulator stopped making sound. Any suggestions?  (Read 2831 times)
Shogun

« on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »

Hi All,
I have a very early Drumulator in excellent condition but it has been stored for about 12 months in full working condition.

However, I opened her up last week to use and after powering on - I cannot get a single sound out of it except the metronome.

The unit seems to function as normal other than lack of sound.  I have reset it and adjusted all the volumes and tried triggering the samples from the gate inputs but with no success. I have also checked the individual outs but again - nothing. The metronome beeps as it should which suggests the "mix" output is functioning ok. It is pre midi so I cannot try triggering from another source.

I AM NOT electronically technical but have taken the unit apart to make sure all connections look good - which they are. I'm convinced the trigger buttons are all making contact etc and the main volume pot is working.

One other thing I have noticed is a louder than normal hum when you connect the "mix" out to a mixer/amp.

Any suggestions welcomed. It is such a good example I'd like to get her going again.

Many thanks in advance.
Shogun.

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

You should reset it !
Shogun

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »

Followed the reset instructions in the service manual but it hasn't made any difference.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Drumulator stopped making sound. Any suggestions?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines