E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Library Disks w/ HxC .hfe

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:20:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Library Disks w/ HxC .hfe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Library Disks w/ HxC .hfe  (Read 4065 times)
rvankuran

« on: January 08, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »

Has anybody attempted to make an KryoFlux extracted image of an EII library disk?
I'm about to give it a whirl and see if it will work similarly to the performance disk workflow.

This came about because I have finished imaging the Floppy library I currently have and there are only a few remaining Library Disks left to do.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:48:34 PM »

It should work; the disks use the same physical formatting parameters.
I think I have tried it while we were testing the Emulator-II prototype version of Kryoflux DTC software, but I can not tell for sure.
I would say: simply give it a try, it won't hurt or damage anything :-)
rvankuran

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »

the blank library image extracted with kryoflux works like a charm.
I've added it to the banks share dropbox in 'Blank Disks' folder under the EII directory.
clark

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »

Again, thanks very much for sharing the rare E-mu libraries.   Wink
rvankuran

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »

Theory:
So I have begun to try and save out voices from OMI performance disks to these library disk images.
The intent being to be able to access an individual voice from any disk on the library to then make your own performance disk out of voices from the OMI library.

Practice:
When I use the save voice to disk command in the Voice Definition module 30, select a voice and point it to the blank library .hfe disk it keeps erroring out.
Can anyone else test the library disk image and see if they get the same error? I will try a physical floppy next this weekend to see if I can iron out a workflow.

Maybe the user group here can assist in this quest for ultimate flexibility. What better way to spend time than to make what you already have even more flexible and even closer to your finger tips...
Just imagine the possibilities of having all of the voices ready to assign to a custom performance disk...
rvankuran

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »

Just reimagged a blank library disk with KryoFlux and it works perfectly now.
I've begun to save library disk equivalents of the OMI performance disks.

Will probably be doing FMS and Burmer afterwards.
I will reupload the new blank library disk image to the drop box folder as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Library Disks w/ HxC .hfe

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines