E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Strange midi behaviour with EXMP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Strange midi behaviour with EXMP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strange midi behaviour with EXMP  (Read 3374 times)
lunatic

« on: January 19, 2013, 07:24:38 AM »

I have my EMuSer set up with either Emax or Emulator II. All works fantastic but i keep gettin midi issues, when connected to my Motu Timepiece AV USB. When the Emulator II is connected with both in and output EXMP won't start to transfer at all. When i pull one midi plug the transfer will start. However i don't get this issues with my RME Multiface. All E-mu devices seem to share this problem. I.e. when i start the step editor on my SP-12 it will crush my Motu Timepiece as well. Any ideas on this?

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Freddy

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »

I heard that the Midi and RS422 interface on the Emax share the same communication chips which cannot handle a parallel communication. Thats why Im surprised that it seemed to work with your RME interface.
lunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »

The Timepiece is new and i thought it would work correctly. Never hab any issues with my Multiface at all. I wish RME would release a midi interface...  Cry

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Strange midi behaviour with EXMP

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines