E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Drumulator - Individual Outputs/Mix Output (In tandem?)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:57:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Drumulator - Individual Outputs/Mix Output (In tandem?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drumulator - Individual Outputs/Mix Output (In tandem?)  (Read 2946 times)
rvankuran

« on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »

Excerpt from the Drumulator manual:

Creating Ambience 6D

"consider the signal coming from the MIX OUT jack as a sort of 'ambience/reverb send' jack... output back into the board to mix some of this ambient sound with the direct drum sound."

The SP-12 subtracts the directly connected channels from the MIX OUT jack signal.
This leads me to believe that the outputs on the Drumulator are different in relation to the SP-12 with regards to this MIX OUT application.

Can anyone confirm?
Does the Drumulator also subtract the directly connected channels from the MIX OUT jack signal?

Thanks for the help.  Shocked
12bit

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »

No it doesn't.

You can use the individual outputs as well as the mix output at the same time.

I would love my SP's to do this as well to be honest. I believe Forat can make this happen, but I am far far away from them :-)

KennethA
theEMUs.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
rvankuran

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »

Kenneth,

Great news.
Going to Forat on my lunch break.

Incidentally, I have been speaking with him about this recently.
Will reply back if possible and/or when it's done.

BTW were you able to add the Drumulator documentation is sent you links for to your site?
That service manual is so huge in file size, not sure what we can do...
rvankuran

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

Since I already have the SP-12 connected to a Mackie 1604 it's easier if I just send a stereo sub out as an aux send to more outboard tricks and the direct outputs can still be sent to the DAW as raw prefader tracks. Plus I have the 1604 aux sends 1-4 wired with different tricks.
Might be more trouble to mod the SP-12 than it's worth and this way I have a stereo mix out to tweak instead of the built in mono mix out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Drumulator - Individual Outputs/Mix Output (In tandem?)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines