E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Anyone tried re-terminating Ribbon/IDC connectors?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:46:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Anyone tried re-terminating Ribbon/IDC connectors?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone tried re-terminating Ribbon/IDC connectors?  (Read 2593 times)
ddvdave

« on: January 25, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

Hello Forum,

As is typical with these aged EIIIs, the Molex connector between my front panel board and the 60-pin header/connector on the CPU card is intermittent on certain pins.

Has anyone on the forum tried replacing the connector at the end of the 60-pin ribbon cable? I just ordered a replacement IDC "AMP-Latch" connector from Mouser Electronics (Mouser P/N 1-1658621-1). Hopefully I will be able to crimp the connector by using a vise, since I don't have a few hundred bucks to shell out for an AMP-latch crimping tool.

Anyone done this before?

-Dave
lio.ws

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

Hi,

You can try with this :
http://www.selectronic.fr/pince-a-sertir-les-connercteurs-nappe-idc.html

It works pretty well.
ddvdave

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

Well I managed to re-terminate the 60-pin display connector using a new IDC connector and a small vise.

Now hopefully this will put an end to my intermittent display and random jumping slider values!

So far so good!  Smiley

-Dave
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Anyone tried re-terminating Ribbon/IDC connectors?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines