E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Vintage Old EII for sale! With a cool library!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:14:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  Vintage Old EII for sale! With a cool library!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vintage Old EII for sale! With a cool library!  (Read 1991 times)
salvadoredelle

« on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:25 AM »

I am selling my Old Emulator EII! I got it new around 1984/85. This was used in our studio and live gigs too. I also used this for The Grateful Dead Drums and Space and on a lot of Mickey Harts Projects, it was one of the first samplers we used for that! We used this on Documentary Films to do the Main Opening Theme and other scenes that won "Best Music For a Documentary" For Walter Cronkite's Amarica's Cup Report 1987. This was used for the Twilight Zone TV series sound design. We used it for sampling Mickey's huge collection of percussion from around the world, sound FX and noise for the Drums and Space at Live GDP concerts. We had a custom built portable high end digital recorder for gathering the sounds we used and sampled for studio and performance. The EII was the first machine that actually allowed us to record and sample and manipulate the samples with analog filters and VCA and then outboard processing. The separate outputs were handy for assigning specific sounds to be processed separately. We used it like a big percussion groove machine and sequencer triggering other outboard synths etc...
this is a great old school sampler! it has a more analog sound and feel to it than other samplers. (Am also selling an Akai S100 and E-mu E4X Turbo)

It is a dual disk model 6028 S/N 1695
The top disk is reading errors so it will need to be fixed but I would just put in a new flash drive instead now that you can! bottom disk works fine and loads disks right up. all buttons and sliders and knobs seem to work fine. It has a few scratches and a chipped tooth but she is still purdy and blue! She sounds fine too! I am listening to a few old sequences we used in some Audubon TV documentary...!  cool percussion  stuff!

No pedals or anything... I'm looking for the manual to see if I still have it. But it's on line!
http://www.cem3374.com/docs/Manuals/E-mu/EII_OM.pdf

I have a big library of random sounds, a lot of percussion and the basics too. I recorded our voices oohs  aaahhs eeee s which is a great voice disk that does not sound like a big gothic choir, sounds like the "Boys in the Band" 

there is a case of 5 binders of samples on disc:
Orchestral Instruments
Drums / Percussion / Misc.-SFX
Assorted Instruments
Voices / Digital Synths / Analog Synths
Sound FX / Sound Design

and a small box of random SFX sound design samples we used for TV shows and special FX on stage

I do have a nice big red flight case for it. But I don't want to sell the case! It was a gift from and old friend so If you want a case they can be ordered or another used one maybe?

* EII control panel 1.jpg (575.27 KB, 816x1056 - viewed 551 times.)
antoni

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

hi how much you want?
ddvdave

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »

hi how much you want?

Good question! Looks like the same one is up on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-MU-Systems-Emulator-II-dual-Disk-with-Custom-Sample-Library-Grateful-Dead-/170986111813

US$2600?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Vintage Old EII for sale! With a cool library!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines