E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Midi output issue

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII Midi output issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Midi output issue  (Read 2366 times)
80sboy

« on: February 13, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

I'm having a strange problem with my EIII keyboard and midi output. It works fine when I power up and do not have a sound loaded, bu the minute I load a sample, either from the CF card or ZIP drive, I lose midi output. The keyboard still controls the internals, it just loses midi out.

Any advice? EVERYTHING else works perfect, I go into preset definition 6 and check the midi settings and nothing seems to have changed, its only when a sound is loaded.

Please help!

tom

update:it only happens when it boots off the internal drive, if I boot the OS from the floppy drive, it's fine. I tried copying the OS (2.42) straight from the floppy to the internal drive (cf reader) and the problem still exists.

update 2:Argh!!! I tried reformatting the internal CF and copying the OS from the floppy to it. Now when I start up off the floppy and load a bank, I can not access ANY of the modules - every button push brings me to "Bank does not exist!" no matter what I try. It boots from the floppy, and sees the internal CF and external ZIP drive, but will not go into any module. Do I need to open it up and reset the internal drive somehow?  So frustrating...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:47:46 PM by 80sboy » Logged
80sboy

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

ANY thoughts on how to fix this problem?
mg73

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »

update 2:Argh!!! I tried reformatting the internal CF and copying the OS from the floppy to it. Now when I start up off the floppy and load a bank, I can not access ANY of the modules - every button push brings me to "Bank does not exist!" no matter what I try. It boots from the floppy, and sees the internal CF and external ZIP drive, but will not go into any module. Do I need to open it up and reset the internal drive somehow?  So frustrating...

I remember having similar problem on one of mine.
I think the reason it says "Bank don´t exist" is that is looking for a OS where it don´t exist
probably at some of the scsi devices but not at the floppy were it should.

Which scsi ID has the internal drive?
Which scsi ID has the EIII?
Did the midi died also without the external Zip connected?

You should try to install a working OS on the internal
and boot from that without the zip connected an see if that works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Midi output issue

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines