E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Floppy disk images

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:18:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Floppy disk images
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Floppy disk images  (Read 3924 times)
zedius

« on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »

Hey, I just bought an esi-4000 and its supposed to be compatible with eiii samples. I dont have any Scsi kit yet, so I'm wondering if anyone can point out some floppy disk images I could load to disks and then load on my esi 4000? I can't believe how little I am able to come up with in this regard.

Also, if there are any tricks to imaging them to the floppy I'd be interested in knowing that too. Perhaps I need to use some special software?

Thanks, appreciate any help you can offer! I know is is the eiii forum and not the esi-4000 forum, but I'm hoping to find the eiii factory samples or something to start playing around with!
flvx_23

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »

Hello

ESI-4000 in the factory is SCSI!!!
The main board of the integrated controller chip!
It is possible that you are missing the connector from the rear panel?
zedius

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:30:20 AM »

Heh, I mean I don't have any scsi cables. I have a USB/scsi Zip drive, but no cable to connect it to the 4000. So all I have right now for storage peripherals is the built in floppy.

But I figure the eiii has a floppy drive too, so I should be able to find and load some fantastic eiii samples, right?
JeEA

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »

Nope
They all come on cd ROM
I'm In the same spot as You.
You Can do a midi dump from a program like Steinberg Wavelab. That's what I have done so far. It takes long time to transfer, but at least You Can use it. I also use Wavelab to generate cyclic waveforms i Can filter sweep. So I use my sampler as a synthesizer.

Floppy is just for OS

Cheers
Jens
zedius

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »

Awe what a bummer! So with the EIII you can't save/load sounds via floppy at all? Seems like a lot of effort to have a floppy drive just for OS updates :p

Are there any sound resources online? CD images would be nice, but it's so surprising to me that people aren't sharing their own samples etc. as well. I would have thought there should be tons of samples available the same way there are communities sharing patches for synthesizers.
JeEA

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »

Well You can save on the floppy drive, but it only holds a max of 1,44 mb sample. My EIIIXP has 32 mb.
I have loaded a lot of Emax samples, but I can not get them send to the EIIIXP
That's what I'm messing with now.
I have connected my Pc to the EIIIXP, but I can not get the computer to send the sounds via SCSI, and that is the only method the software EMXP support unless You have an Emax. Midi is not an option.  Huh

Therefore I send via midi in Wavelab. That works but is time consuming.

I Also thought there would be tons of material. Undecided

Try to connect a computer via scsi if you can and get it to work. That will help. Should I end up getting some emax samples on disk, I will send You some

Br Jens
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Floppy disk images

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines