E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMuSer problems with Emax I

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:11:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EMuSer problems with Emax I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EMuSer problems with Emax I  (Read 10936 times)
krikorola

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »

I tested the IC4 at pin8 with a scope, the 500khrz is good, a firend of mine told me it could be the problem as it drive the UART with the 500. He told me it could be related to the IC5 and the IC30, IC2 on analog board is also linked to the UART.
i'm gonna look into those...
lunatic

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »

It is the IC at position 16 at least with my Emax. We shorted the data form the EMuSeR and got it to work. Now ordered a replacement and my Emax will be up and running again. Yay!

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »

Thanks for letting us know.
Isn't that IC16 used for other purposes besides serial data communication as well (and didn't it cause other problems ?)
micromoog

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 06:21:28 AM »

It is the IC at position 16 at least with my Emax. We shorted the data form the EMuSeR and got it to work. Now ordered a replacement and my Emax will be up and running again. Yay!

What do you mean with "shorted the data from the EMuSeR "?

i think i have the same problem with my Emax. By sending emuser data to emax, there is a short access to the floppy and then nothing happens anymore
lunatic

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »

just connected the pins form the chip inside the emuser directly to the chip inside the emax. i am not a tech and therefor can not tell you much on why it was done and what this really did...

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
krikorola

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 12:43:25 AM »

Changing the IC16 didn't solve it for me.
I'm gonna look into other things.
Maybe the IC5 which set the midi off when RS422 is used is not acting right, or the IC2 controlling it.
Or it could be the IC20/IC15.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMuSer problems with Emax I

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines