E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Can't write floppies in EMXP - errorcode 89

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:59:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Can't write floppies in EMXP - errorcode 89
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't write floppies in EMXP - errorcode 89  (Read 3390 times)
Oleg

« on: February 26, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »

Hello, everybody !
I've got a problem here:  when I try to write to the floppy the EM1 files, I get the following message by windows: "Unknown disk format", I press "Continue" and this time I get this message by the EMXP software: "Error ! Errorcode 89. The capacity of disk in drive a is not supported by EMAX samplers".
Before, I have installed the omniflop driver, then the EMXP software. I used the high density floppies, some formatted in Emax II and some by EMXP without problems, but when it comes to write EM1 files to the floppies - it doesn't work. May be it's impossible to use high-desity floppies at all ??..

Where did I go wrong ? I read the manual 2 times and found no explanations. Please help me on this one.
Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:52:30 AM by Oleg » Logged

Let's have a Black Celebration!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:01:20 AM »

You have a built in drive (no USB drive), right?
Oleg

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:55 AM »

Built in, that's correct. And I tried this on several old machines in the office with the Windows XP installed. And their drives are in good condition.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:05:50 AM by Oleg » Logged

Oleg

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

Another thing, that I don't understand: a floppy disk, that has been formatted on an Emax II, always contains the OS, right ? And the EMXP in the EXMP floppy menu, option 1 shows me the error 206 "no os found". I don't get it at all...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Can't write floppies in EMXP - errorcode 89

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines