E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - new here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:46:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  new here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new here  (Read 2147 times)
lyndon

« on: March 15, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

Hello all,

the other night after talking to a dude I met outside of the bar, I wound up with a free (supposedly broken emu emulator ii).

I brought it home and with my minimal experience in circuitry, replaced a couple broken caps, unplugged all the cables, vacuumed it out and viola! works like a charm, well is a bit fussy sometimes. And I have yet to dive into the thick bible it came with.

some questions about parts I need

The display can only be seen sitting down, not standing directly over it. can I adjust the contrast or do i need a new one?
Is there possibly backlight versions?

The main decal on top has a bit of clear coat peeling on the bottom, does anyone seem to sell these that aren't on backorder?

any good case recommendations, aside from fleabay?

and finally the lowest key (c) has a tab broken off on the back, any place to buy replacements?

cheers, look forward to learning about and keeping this awesome synth in top repair

ahaigh01

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »

Hi lyndon,

Well that was a bit of luck!  Sorry I can't give concrete answers for everything - but I know people have put in new backlit lcds here.  The EII lcd was backlit at one time but dimmed out.  When I got EII last tyear the backlight was still good but faded within a few weeks of me using it.  I've seen sets of keys on ebay from time to time.  You will find lots of info here.  Welcome!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - new here

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines