E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New User, New EIII, and a few new problems.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:00:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  New User, New EIII, and a few new problems.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New User, New EIII, and a few new problems.  (Read 12160 times)
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 07:17:55 AM »

WHY ALL OF YOU DON'T StOP MESSING AROUND ?   Grin

The bad chip doesn't mean its forceably bad !
TYhe first thing to do is to take off the suspicious SIMM, and then, clean the contacs with a soft pen eraser (gum), clean the contacts with a soft brush, and put it back to place.
=====
The IC8 shit....

Don't mess with the power supply adjustment !

ALL THIS HAS TO BE DONE WITH MACHINE OFF AND MAINS PLUG DISCONNECTED

First : put some pot cleaner (for electronics) on the power supply adjustment pot.
Remember the position of the pot and, with a screwdriver, turn it back and forth a few times, to end by putting it at the original position
Take a voltmeter and plug it relaibly to the 5V on the cards somewhere.
Put power on and measure, if needed, by adjusting the pot, set to 5.05 V

Shut the machine down.

Take a 3-4 feet yellow cable, prepare both sides for soldering, on side of the cable will go soldererd on one of the yellow cables coimposing the harness of cables going to the card cage, the other side of the cable will go to pin 8 of IC 3. It will bring +5V to the relay circuitry and everything will work fine.
Some idiots just connect the pins of the relay, wich means it make a huge "Booom" when you power-up. Normally, this 5V is brought by the leftmost of the four 20 pin flat cables going to the jack board.

I have done this mod for dozens of times.

If you have any doubt, just lest me know, don't feel you are going to look stupid.

bitleytm

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »

Hi guys!

This is the same problem we have with an EIII key right now. If anyone could describe where the soldering point should be put on the output / relay board, I am ready to heat up the soldering iron. We haven't been able to locate anything else than dvdborn's image of the service scheme, marked with the red ring.

However for us as no 'real' technicians, it is a mystery knowing where this IC3 point is placed. Underneath the relay, there's four points visible from underneath the output board. Like said, adding a new wire is probably the best thing to do. We also noticed when carefully touching flat cable "B", the second one of four, going to the card cage, sound intermittently comes to the main outs. three levels of sound; 1. super low, 2. medium low, 3. correct level... however, we hear the correct level only for about half a second and it's back to low again. Have tried replacing the flat cable with no difference in results. For us less tech skilled, photos would help a lot. I will send a free copy of Fairlight CMI Legacy II+ (my reason refill / http://bitley.laconicsounds.net - or the Kontakt version to the one helping me with this!)
bitleytm

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »

I've even considered getting a second Behringer MX1602 line / submixer for all the individual outs just to get sound... Wink Getting desperate about playing the EIII here... :-)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New User, New EIII, and a few new problems.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines