E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III screen BOXES dead

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator III screen BOXES dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator III screen BOXES dead  (Read 2366 times)
tron23

« on: May 26, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »

Hello everybody,
I was in the restricting situation of a blank / 2 lines of boxes screen on the EIII.
I almost took all the cards apart and did some cleaning on the various connections, also reseated the SCSI chip, checked the voltages etc. as I have previously been reading on the great forum.
With some luck and praying the machine now is in a better state, scanning floppy, scsi chain, mounting drives and comes up with the message cant load system. I tried an old OS floppy I have made with no luck, comes up with the message FD DATA CRC ERROR is this just a matter of corrupted floppy and HDD?? At the same time? I have no other way of loading making a system disk so I am stuck any suggestions???
tron23

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »

It is running again, I was suspecting the scsi chip along with the floppy chip but how these could be dead at the same time, also how could both my old floppy OS and the HDD would die at the same time?
It was a faulty RAM module, in the process of cleaning them I had swapped positions in these placing the faulty chip in the very first socket, where the system is loaded!!?   what an idiot!!   Huh
tron23

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

With more cleaning on the RAM sockets and a soft eraser for the modules now it gives no faulty modules on the tests It can now use the full 8 MB !!!  Those old RAM chips!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III screen BOXES dead

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines