E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - floppy disk failure on save

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:33:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  floppy disk failure on save
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: floppy disk failure on save  (Read 2833 times)
tron23

« on: May 26, 2013, 08:05:44 PM »

After the come back, EIII is working fine for some time now, not a single crash, loading sounds and banks from HDD and floppy. I was about to make a spare OS floppy for backup while I experienced that the floppy cannot save / write anything to the disk. It gives me message floppy disk failure.
I have tried changing the floppy cable and tried 2 different drives still the same message anyone experienced something similar?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »

The circuit taking charge of the floppy is WD1772

Is the floppy spinning ?
tron23

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »

I have changed 2 drives (one pulled from my emax I, what a mess here!!) and still same problem. The drive is working, is loading banks, it can even format a disk and change the TOC but that's it IT CANT SAVE a thing it comes with the message floppy disk failure! when you try to save a bank or copy the software to disk.
Should I change the WD1772??
tron23

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »

P.S. Thanks for your efforts Dr. C
tron23

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »

After changing to the emax drive and with some new disks it is working!! Time to replace that old hdd as well!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - floppy disk failure on save

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines