E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII - General overhaul - 4 rows of BLACK boxes - NEED YOUR HELP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:41:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII - General overhaul - 4 rows of BLACK boxes - NEED YOUR HELP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII - General overhaul - 4 rows of BLACK boxes - NEED YOUR HELP  (Read 2289 times)
Freddy

« on: June 16, 2013, 06:54:43 AM »

Hi,

I got the EIII Zomnius was selling here. It's in incredible condition. You wouldn't think it's used, because it looks almost new. This morning he brought it to me and since then I'm trying to make it run.

This is what happened when I first booted it (from bottom to top): row 1 and 3 were BLANK; row 2-4 were completely BLACK.

Here's what I did:
1) Checked the voltages and recalibrated it from 4.64V to 5.05V (on the Motherboard) -> Now every row is filled by black boxes.
2) Cleaned the 8 SIMMs till they were absolutely clean and interchanged the them a couple of times -> no change
3) Dismounted all the cards and cleaned the connections with contact cleaner and made sure the cables are seated properly -> no change
4) Cleaned the MOLEX PSU connectors -> no change
5) Fitted a new floppy drive, it spins, but it doesn't star to load -> no change

I ordered a new 74LS244 though I simply cannot imagine that it causes this total blackout.

Thank you so much for your help!!! If you have any tip, please share your thoughts!!  Wink

SOLUTION can be found here: http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=2544.0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:05:53 AM by Freddy » Logged
M.

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »

I'd also be interested in a solution. Anyone?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII - General overhaul - 4 rows of BLACK boxes - NEED YOUR HELP

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines