E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Northstar in 2013

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:45:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Northstar in 2013
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Northstar in 2013  (Read 2965 times)
Python Blue

« on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:50 AM »

Has anyone had any luck in reaching them lately over anything? I may have the banks they made for Northstar Gold thanks to the box.com folders, but I'd rather not take the risk of getting sued for using any in commercial music if they're still in business.

I did find a thread already covering this, but it was made three years ago, making me hesitant to revive that thread.
JMP

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »

I'm aware that people have bought disks from them within last two years but think virtually all EII owners now likely have their sounds (and other libraries) now in SD or converted formats. No doubt prompted by them being so expensive to buy from Northstar.

Whoever distributed them in the box.com folders is most likely the one to come under the microscope..... should that ever happen.   

Python Blue

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »

I'm aware that people have bought disks from them within last two years but think virtually all EII owners now likely have their sounds (and other libraries) now in SD or converted formats. No doubt prompted by them being so expensive to buy from Northstar.

Whoever distributed them in the box.com folders is most likely the one to come under the microscope..... should that ever happen.   

Thanks for getting back to me about this. Call it my being a cautious person raised by a former copyright attorney, but since you have confirmed that they ARE still in business, I'd rather contact them directly about these particular sounds.
lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:44:24 AM »

Their Email address is dead for sure, tried that several times...

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
kdk

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »

I live like 2 miles from them. Next time I head over to that part of town, I'll check and see what's there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Northstar in 2013

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines