E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - News from Chicken Systems

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 05:36:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  News from Chicken Systems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: News from Chicken Systems  (Read 18350 times)
chris raw

« on: March 01, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »

Hi there

Chicken Systems will release a new product in which you can map samples and lots more..and save it into any Sampler format.

Check out here!

Let's hope the EIII format is supportet too..you can then use CF Card for fast transferring your banks..would be nice Smiley

http://www.chickensys.com/products/sw_iteminfo.php?sw_name=Constructor

Forum discussion here:

http://www.samplerzone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118&highlight=constructor

fingers crossed..
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

You know about EMXP, don't you?
It features wav to EIII and EIII to wav by now, and in April the new version (hopefully) will arrive... with full EIII support (?)... 
The best tool in the world...  I really CANT'T wait for it..

PRAISE E-SYNTHESIST Wink

fingers crossed here too...

Greets,
Elm.
chris raw

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »

Hi

Yeah I've seen it but not used it yet..however do you say its possible to map samples in it too? I thought one can safe banks but not map samples.. It's windows only though..

Do you know what features comes with full EIII support in emxp?

Greets
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:04:27 PM by chris raw » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »

You're right, you can't map in EMXP.
But maybe the "full EIII" support / next version includes this, as it is included for the Emax (i guess).
I use EIII remote on my Mac SE to map my exported EMXP Banks.

Greetz,
Elm.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

Hi guys, here's some news from the EMXP lab  Wink

"Full support for EIII" means: the same features as the ones EMXP already supports for EMAX and EMULATOR-II.

In general, for both EIII and EIIIXP/EIIIXS, this means:
- all parameters of all objects can be displayed (bank/preset/voice/sample/zone)
- reading/writing banks to removable harddisks + backup/restore features (already supported in current version)
- translation between Wav - Emax - Emax2 - EmulatorII - EmulatorIII - EmulatorIIIX (this is the key part of the next version)
The current EIII translation features of EMXP v2.04 are just WAV <--> EIII (not EIIIX)
But I have to admit there are a few small problems with this function (to name them: you can select 100 samples but EIII only supports 99 samples, and more important: there may arise possible transposition issues). These errors will of course be removed in the next version, and I hope the WAV translation will also include EIIIX by then, in fact this is the last thing I have to add before releasing the next version. The only problem is that my job is taking too much time from me so I almost have no time left for working on EMXP.

By the way: following features will NOT be part of the April release:
- support for EIII(X) floppy disks
- support for EIII(X) operating systems.

I hope to add SoundFont2 sample format support in version 2.06. This will "boost" the usefulness of the EMXP translation capabilities towards/from Emulator III, since SoundFont2 is widely supported by other samplers/translation softwares.
But version 2.06 will probably not be released in 2008 anymore.

Despite my lack of "EMXP time", the new version is for 99% ready. In fact I'm using the new version 2.05 already for one month now in my own studio and all translations between Emax/EmulatorII/EmulatorIII/EIIIX seem to be successful. By the way: EMXP will also be able to translate EIIIX banks to EIII, even if the EIIIX banks are larger than 8 MB; in that case EMXP will create multiple EIII banks and spread the presets over the banks. Max. target samplerates and banksizes are user definable.

Note: version 2.05 can not be downloaded yet. I think it will be released in the middle of april, maybe earlier. For free of course.

Some of you are talking about "sample maps" (?). If you mean translations like the ones mentioned above, then EMXP will support "sample maps". If you mean something else, EMXP will most probably not support "sample maps".
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 08:34:01 AM »

e-synthesist,
you are a true genius, and your work can't be appreciated enough.

I think "sample mapping" - in this context - should mean:
Okay, I've got a bunch of wav files, now I want to create a EIII bank with them. Can I tell EMXP to put the first wav to let's say A#3, the second wav to maybe F4 and so on...

Anyway, I just can't wait for it.....   The possibility to convert between EII and EIII - incredible!!!

Greets,
Elm.
chickeneps

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »

Chicken Systems will release a new product in which you can map samples and lots more..and save it into any Sampler format.

Let's hope the EIII format is supportet too..you can then use CF Card for fast transferring your banks..would be nice Smiley

http://www.chickensys.com/products/sw_iteminfo.php?sw_name=Constructor

Forum discussion here:
http://www.samplerzone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118&highlight=constructor

We are ramping this up and hopefully it will be available this summer.
micromoog

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

lol ...hope it works better than the crappy S-7xx translation we know from cs-Translator...
chickeneps

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »

I find your answer intruiging. Several questions and a comment:

1) Who is "we"?
2) What do you find problematic about the Roland S-7x conversions, and what are you converting to?
3) How is this relevant on a E3 forum?

I have been converting Roland-> into all types of samplers, including Emu stuff (not E3 yet). It always sounds great.

If you are a user and you want to report a problem, by all means do so. Better to be part of a solution and not part of the problem. Bug Reports www.chickensys.com/translator/bugreports
micromoog

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »

to 1.& 2.) WE are a couple of S-7xx users in europe. We made different tests with the free-version of "translater".
We've made some translations from *.wav, S-1000 & soundfont-format to Roland S-7xx, but nothing worked in a Sp-700, S-750 or S-760.
We are no customers, so some of us postet the problems in the former "translator"-forum - then there was a couple of answers from angry US-Roland & Translator users an the cs-moderators killed the threads. No rumor, it's true - perhaps i have some old mails from angry US-Users. CS said we should send files to the bugreport, we've done this (2006) but have no answers and no solutions until now.

So WE (a handful Roland S-users) let our fingers from chickensys-products - not less, not more!

This is no bashing, only a "test"-user opinion

to 3.) this is a discussion about a commercial product in a EIII-forum, i only said in my words "community be careful with this product, there can be some bugs"

Can you make a loyalty oath, that a xyz to Roland S-7xx works absolutly fine?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:58:21 AM by micromoog » Logged
chickeneps

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »

Since I don't know about the occasion you speak of, I can't comment on it, but what I can say is that we have a Bug Report system in place that if a person finds a file that doesn't convert correctly, they can supply it into Bug Reports and it gets addressed within 24-48 hours.

Unfortunately, and I don't want to be judgemental about this but it's true, but many people fail to follow the simple instructions and they do not supply any source files, nor compelte a Bug Report, but rather just complain on a forum. We try to steer people to be constructive, but many times people fail to follow through.

We then try the next best thing, which is to try to simulate what they describe, and it works for us.

We then try other things we may have not thought of, and they usually work.

We THEN try to persuade the original complainer to submit their file (the file they are trying to convert), but by that time they flake out and disappear - with their original complaint unresolved, sitting on the forum site.

(Then, maybe a year later, some person revives the thread and we go back to square one.)

On the postitive, though, most of the time people follow through, and we satisfy their concern.

So if you know of any issues, our ears are open and we'll address anything immediately and quickly.

We've been around for 20+ years, Translator has been around for 10 or so. There's been plenty of time for people to get the right idea about us, and also the wrong idea.

But we always can be contacted - 320-235-9798, or support@chickensys.com.
micromoog

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »

ok, i tried now the latest trlfree 2.9.114

Roland S7xx still doesn't work correct! I tried your "bugreport" to show the details,
but this report is also really "buggy" -> i wrote there
Translator Version 2.9 and Build Number: 114 (with the correct syntax)

thats the message after submitting
The version you entered is not the latest version and build of Translator, which is 2.9.114 for Windows and 2.9.114 for Mac.

Please try the latest version first before you submit a bug report.

thats the things which make me (us) tired Sad

@ chickeneps: Do you wan't to know the problems or not?

...sorry forum for this off topic...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:47:06 PM by micromoog » Logged
chickeneps

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »

It's not "buggy".

The latest version is build 115, not Build 114. That is mentioned on the Bug Report page (read the clear paragraph above).

We get the Bug Reports anyway, and you also didn't provide a file, like the the instructions ask you to do. We tried a Akai->Roland and it worked for us. So we need your example.

Thanks for the Bug Report - just fill out another one, with an Akai file that demonstrates what you are speaking of, and put in Build 115 like the instructions say. We do want to help you out.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:20:14 PM by chickeneps » Logged
micromoog

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:53 AM »

Sorry, thats not true - i'm not able to download and use build 115

thats the version i can access (27-Aug-2008-7:26pm MEZ):

...Translator Free Version 2.9, Build 114 Full Setup PC
A Free version of Translator Windows; limited functionality. Same...

where can i download build 115?
chickeneps

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »

Usual place:

www.chickensys.com/downloads/translator_free.php

Again, we are interested in any issues, so when you have some, submit the source file in question with a short explaination to Bug Reports www.chickensys.com/translator/bugreports and we'll check it out.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - News from Chicken Systems

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines