E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Getting Wav. files into an Emulator II with HxC SD drive fitted

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:02:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Getting Wav. files into an Emulator II with HxC SD drive fitted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting Wav. files into an Emulator II with HxC SD drive fitted  (Read 3883 times)
Jadelane

« on: July 13, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I've recently had my Emulator II fitted with a HxC SD card drive in the front (Rev F). I've downloaded the latest software onto my iMac and have gone through the instructions on how to get the library going but I can't seem to work it out.

Please could someone be so kind to provide me with idiot 'step by step' instructions on how this is done.

I'm trying to get my library of 'Wav. sounds' from my computer (Apple iMac) onto the SD card and reading/playing on my Emulator II

Thanks in advance for any help given.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

The HxC software can only read/write Emulator-II floppy disk image files or bank files (=floppy disk file without operating system)
So you will first have to create this kind of file from your WAV files.
Unfortunately no software for Apple/Mac is capable of doing that (as far as I know).
EMXP can do it but it only runs on Windows.

Rumbler

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:15:45 PM »

.. using and emax II. I'm sure the principle for an EII is the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAmKC1Hnx4E

Emulator I, Emulator IIx2, Emulator III, Emax SE Rack, Emax II Rack 8mg, EIIIXP, EIIIXS, SP1200
Jadelane

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »

I'm still having trouble doing this, the new software says it works on a Mac but I can't seem to convert Wav. files, any help ?
micromoog

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »

the right way is

wav -> emxp -> EII-Bank.EII -> hxc-soft -> EII-Bank.hfe -> SD -> HxC-Floppy-Emulator -> EII-RAM

(windows)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Getting Wav. files into an Emulator II with HxC SD drive fitted

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines